Thanks to everyone at HVTA for this weekend's Gathering

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

AndyF

Thanks to everyone at HVTA for this weekend's Gathering

#1 Post by AndyF » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:47 am

First one I've managed to get to. Great fun, good people. Shot my first ever broadhead round and got 125 out of 150. Fluked an equal third in the shootout and a third in longbow. Got Best Arrows in the crafty thing. And picked up two bottles of Shiraz in the table raffle. Must learn how to shoot faster though. A pretty bloody good weekend all round so don't mind working today. Thank you to everyone who helped organise the event. Had a blast.

Andy F

RegBo

Re: Thanks to everyone at HVTA for this weekend's Gathering

#2 Post by RegBo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:29 pm

not to mention learning to throw the big axe on only your second go Andy!!!

Best weekend, still on a high, the boys enjoyed themselves immensely and I did too!!!
Highlights - finally managing to throw the axe. Thanks Jill for the tips and pointers and lending me the axe.
Winning the top five shoot- out, being shown how wooden shafts are made, my son Søren giving his raffle prize (nice pocket knife) to his best mate Oscar because he hadn't won anything.
The company of fellow archers who miss as much as I do..... or claim the arrows passed through for the bow bird :lol: ey Jake

Thanks to Nick and Trish and all the other helpers for making this such a fun weekend.
Regina
Attachments
2012 Gathering Axe.pdf
(474.32 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Life will die if held too tightly!
Life will fly if held too lightly!

Tightly, lightly, how do you know?
If you are holding life or letting it go?

Gilly

Re: Thanks to everyone at HVTA for this weekend's Gathering

#3 Post by Gilly » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:18 pm

Love the axe piccy!

It was a great weekend, the weather was perfect (for the two days anyway) it was great seeing so many people having so much fun!

Looking forward to the October charity shoot!!