Gladstone 3d (pic heavy)

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

Nutgrass

Gladstone 3d (pic heavy)

#1 Post by Nutgrass » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:06 pm

Some of the Bundy contingent got together & made our way to Gladstone Bowhunters for one of their 3d shoots.
Contact was made & things were organised, leave town around mid morning & hit the club around lunch 8)
Well with all the road works going on, this drive was a tad worse than usual, but we made it. A quick G'day & we soon volunteered for a few choirs :biggrin: Yes Volunteered :biggrin: :biggrin:

Someone suggested a photo of Rod was in order, so the Yowie gave himself a quick lesson on the 5d & snapped a few pics of the tidy up around the club house.

Something about some sign writing was spoken about :surprised:

We gave a hand to set out the coarse, which we have been our down fall, as we have been informed we may have had our last trip to Gladstone. With more broken arrows returning at the end of the weekend than intact ones, it might not be safe for us to return :surprised: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Saturday sort of slipped away as we caught up with people, had a laugh & of coarse shot a few arrows after we set up the range :biggrin: Hey, it had to be tested :biggrin:

Come the next morning the place started to look like an ants nest. There was a steady flow of people rolling in & the seats were filling up. With the formalities over & done with, it was time to hit the range.
Let the games begin.

Some of these photos will deserve a caption, others will just capture the moment to share with you.

See, nothing hard about the coarse we helped set out :mrgreen:

Even the power of the mighty Gringa is no match for the speed of my canon :lol: :lol: :lol: A couple of shots with the arrow in flight.

In their natural habitat

The nasty shot :wink:

We than conned some bloke into taking a photo of us. He ain't going to win any awards, but thanks for taking the shot mate 8)

Who said we have sick & twisted minds :shock: :shock: Rods arrow doesn't look online to me :mrgreen:

Here puss puss puss :biggrin:

This just shouldn't be that hard :wink: More arrows in flight.

Then we came to the tree stand :biggrin:

For some of you who have heard the term, but never seen it.
Here is a cup of cement for all the sooks who don't want to shoot from up the ladder :biggrin: :biggrin:

So after we passed the cup to Yowie, he went up :shock:

And just to prove he made it all the way 8)

Just a few more from up the ladder.

Now the first shot from up the stand was almost straight down at a crocodile in the creek. With all those arrows, you would have thought someone would have killed it. But no, it was left to a member from the American show Swamp people to deal with :shock: :shock: :shock:

Starring Yowie

I only got a quick snap before a security guard tried to wrestle my camera from me :shock:

All easy shots I tell ya :confused:

No pressure mate, but we are all watching :biggrin:

Following the leader :wink:

Nothing says fun like trying to balance on a log while shooting :wink:

We sort of, nothing says fun like jumping on a log while one of your mates is trying to shoot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey............ what are you all doing back there behind the target :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This was a bit of a fixture for us for the day :biggrin:

So not much of a story, but a few photos that hopefully show how much fun we had 8)

Thanks for looking.
RABBITS (karen) wrote:NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him.
Shooters get to 50m to shoot, but only a hunter gets inside 20m to hunt.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Gladstone 3d (pic heavy)

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:29 pm

Great to see ya all havin' some fun. I like the placement of the targets also - top stuff!!! :mrgreen:

That very buff target has been part of the fun for a lot of years now. This is a photo of it at 'The Australian Longbow Muster' back in 1998 if I remember correctly.
Longbow-Muster-11.jpg
Longbow-Muster-11.jpg (94.13 KiB) Viewed 3067 times
Jeff

John Valery

#3 Post by John Valery » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:35 pm

Thanks for posting the pics Nutgrass. As always, Karen (Rabbits) and I had a ball knocking around with the Bundy crew. Sadly, that will be the last Gringa adventure for us till we can talk you guys into coming up to visit us in Darwin. I'm sure the NT wouldn't mind some upstanding gentlemen such as yourselves coming up for a shoot! :surprised: :surprised: Might have to leg rope Yowie though, the gators are protected up there. :roll:
Till next time guys
If you ain't smilling, your anchor point's to low

Gene-o

#4 Post by Gene-o » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:47 pm

As always, top photos Gidget. It was a great weekend and bring on the next one. :biggrin: :wink:

Geneo :wink:

Guy Layton

#5 Post by Guy Layton » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:59 pm

It looks like a top shoot... I will definitely have to get up there for this event...!

Cheers Guy... :biggrin:
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is no where as important as being able to place it in the correct spot....!

Gringa Bows

#6 Post by Gringa Bows » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:11 pm

It was a top weekend alright,as it always is at the Gladstone club,going to miss you and Rabbits John but we'll catch up in the future :wink:

Roadie

#7 Post by Roadie » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:11 am

Some Classic Photos of a Motley Crew, Thanks for sharing. Cheers Roadie.

Nutgrass

#8 Post by Nutgrass » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:18 pm

John Valery wrote:Thanks for posting the pics Nutgrass. As always, Karen (Rabbits) and I had a ball knocking around with the Bundy crew. Sadly, that will be the last Gringa adventure for us till we can talk you guys into coming up to visit us in Darwin. I'm sure the NT wouldn't mind some upstanding gentlemen such as yourselves coming up for a shoot! :surprised: :surprised: Might have to leg rope Yowie though, the gators are protected up there. :roll:
Till next time guys
As they the other boys have said, it won't be the same with out you pair. Every shoot has been a ball 8)

You can bet your bottom dollar, once you are settled & the green light is on....... WE ARE COMING The N.T. won't know what has hit it :wink:
Thanks a million guys & travel safe 8) 8)

Gene-o wrote:As always, top photos Gidget. Geneo :wink:
You mean the member formally known as Gidget :lol: :lol: Thanks mate.
Had many complaints about the coarse ? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Stickbow Hunter wrote:Great to see ya all havin' some fun. I like the placement of the targets also - top stuff!!! :mrgreen:

That very buff target has been part of the fun for a lot of years now. This is a photo of it at 'The Australian Longbow Muster' back in 1998 if I remember correctly.

Jeff
It was fun mate, the placement of targets wasn't out of the ordinary for us, it's just how we normally do it. Apparently not for everyone though (There were wheelie bows shooting as well that day) :surprised: :surprised:

That Buff has been about then, jeez he is in good nick for his age. He looks a million $$$$ still 8) 8) 8) 8)

Guy Layton wrote:It looks like a top shoot... I will definitely have to get up there for this event...!

Cheers Guy... :biggrin:
Every shoot up that way just seams to have fun all over it. Always looking forward to the next shoot in Gladdy 8) 8) 8)
RABBITS (karen) wrote:NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him.
Shooters get to 50m to shoot, but only a hunter gets inside 20m to hunt.

littlejohn59

#9 Post by littlejohn59 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:53 pm

great photos of what appears to be a great fun challenging shoot.
Thanks for sharing.

ole_silver

#10 Post by ole_silver » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:41 pm

well done you MOB, likes like ya had a blast..............

keep it that dry for June please............. and no cold,

best regards,

Steve............
ole_silver1..................

"have a go now, 'fore ya can't have a go at all"

Keith Lee

#11 Post by Keith Lee » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:41 pm

It was a great weekend i've got the same pic of the buff on my wall.

Roadie

#12 Post by Roadie » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:00 pm

Yep ZZ Top and Swamp folks and I can hear those Bango's again. Cheers Roadie.