2011 Australia day weekend - LB100 Classic - cancelled :-(

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

Stephen Georgiou

2011 Australia day weekend - LB100 Classic - cancelled :-(

#1 Post by Stephen Georgiou » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:05 am

I am sorry to inform you all that the Australia Day shoot at lilydale has been cancelled due to the condition of the course.

Due to significant rain, the grounds have become overgrown and the trees unstable.

We have had some concerns with the number of trees that have fallen and we had hoped to have all of the trees in the course areas assessed prior to the shoot but as this has not happened and approval for tree felling does take time through our council, the committee has decided that the risk was too great to proceed without this assessment.

We apologize for any inconvenience but this will lead us to providing a top class shoot later on.

We intend to upgrade many of our butts and improve the road and facilities during this waiting time. Please accept our apology and hope that we will see you in the near future

Regards
Stephen Georgiou
Club president - Lilydale Bowmen

Damo'

Re: 2011 Australia day weekend - LB100 Classic - cancelled :-(

#2 Post by Damo' » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:02 pm

Stephen Georgiou wrote:I am sorry to inform you all that the Australia Day shoot at lilydale has been cancelled due to the condition of the course.

Due to significant rain, the grounds have become overgrown and the trees unstable.

We have had some concerns with the number of trees that have fallen and we had hoped to have all of the trees in the course areas assessed prior to the shoot but as this has not happened and approval for tree felling does take time through our council, the committee has decided that the risk was too great to proceed without this assessment.

We apologize for any inconvenience but this will lead us to providing a top class shoot later on.

We intend to upgrade many of our butts and improve the road and facilities during this waiting time. Please accept our apology and hope that we will see you in the near future

Regards
Stephen Georgiou
Club president - Lilydale Bowmen
They can talk underwater, but can't do things quick enough to keep up with the real need's of the community- It's a disgrace!

Stephen Georgiou

#3 Post by Stephen Georgiou » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:27 pm

Probably a bit rough on the council as the condition in the shire is the same with many trees needing attendance. We are hoping that it is sort quickly as you can imagine...

White Hawk

#4 Post by White Hawk » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:26 pm

that's a shame Steve, we had the Black Griffin war machine all fire up for the event. A good decision given the conditions though.
Please keep us in the loop when a new date is set and we will certainly support the event.

cheers mate

Gav
~ The wise man seeks the harmony of the circle
The spiritual man seeks the nothingness it surrounds
The complete man understands they are the same

kerrille

#5 Post by kerrille » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:40 pm

and i wanted a quiet drive to melb too

...nev...
i hunt animals because they have legs and can run away ................plants dont

stringnstik

#6 Post by stringnstik » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:19 am

sorry to hear that as there was a good chance we would make this one.. But safety first.
"I am the arrow..the arrow is me...together as one...I fly to thee"
"the stick maybe crooked and the string hath no form,
then married by bowyer, transforms when first drawn"
"twang....thud"

Damo'

#7 Post by Damo' » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:12 pm

stringnstik wrote:sorry to hear that as there was a good chance we would make this one.. But safety first.
Safety or public liability?>
Legal industry-
from BJ and the bear to L.A Law,
did it improve the western economies one iota?
Has it saved lives?
6.5billion and counting
Last edited by Damo' on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damo'

#8 Post by Damo' » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:15 pm

Stephen Georgiou wrote:Probably a bit rough on the council as the condition in the shire is the same with many trees needing attendance. We are hoping that it is sort quickly as you can imagine...
Yesssssss.
hope and change'
when have I heard that before.........
Time heals all wounds and dead don't grow older.