Saw this on Archery Forum

Shoots, gatherings, events and other happenings. Again, feel free to post appropriately.

Moderator: Moderators

danceswithdingoes

Saw this on Archery Forum

#1 Post by danceswithdingoes » Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:51 pm

thought it should go here too...... 8)
Want to establish contact with Traditional bowhunters in Australia with a view to having them participate at the Outdoors New Zealand Traditional Archery Rendezvous end January 2005. The possibilities of a Trans Tasman challenge is also something we would like to explore. The responsibility for running the Rendezvous was accepted by ourselves when Bruce Scott ( the Rendezvous initiator) was unable to continue with its organisation. Suffice it to say everyone had a ball and considering the very short time frame we had to organise the event in even better things are anticipated in 2005. It is intended a tour be organised, which will start before the long weekend of the Rendezvous, and continue after the shoot. It is expected the tour will include a shoot at sea for sea trout, a field shoot at a club site, visits to the thermal areas at Rotorua, an overnight stay on a Maori Marae and one or two other archer focused events. All travel arrangements in New Zealand will be organised, accommodation taken care of and main meals included in the package. Options with respect to hunting will also be offered. Your assistance in determining the level of interest amongst the Traditional Australian Archery fraternity and help in establishing a Trans Tasman competition would be greatly appreciated . If you have a minute a quick look at www.outdoorsnz.com
will give you a little insight into our operation. Regards and straight shooting Kelvin O'Hara .

I have posted this on behalf of the signed above.

kelvins
email is safari@ohara.co.nz

cheers
Bill

erron

#2 Post by erron » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:14 pm

Bill,

welcome to Ozbow and thanks for posting this! :) I have often thought about making the trip to NZ, and this is a further spur.

I'll copy this over to the Traditional Events forum too.

Cheers,

Erron