Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

jason

#1 Post by jason » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:12 am

just joined and thought i say hello,so hello. I am a compound shooter have tried the traditional gear many a time but lack a rather important component and that is skill with a bent stick. Have the utmost respect for anyone that can shoot them well. Hope you all had a good new year and to those that got to go hunting i hate you.LOL. well better get back to work hope to catch up on line :)

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:03 am

Welcome to the site Jason!

Shooting Compound and Trad sure is different - in fact I can't shoot a compound because it is so different to the way I shoot my longbows.

Keep trying with your trad gear and you will eventually sort it out although I think you will find it is hard to while still shooting the two types of bows. You really need to concentrate on the one bow for a considerable time to be able to shoot it accurately.

A good New Year to you also.

Jeff

erron

#3 Post by erron » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:55 am

Yes, welcome to Ozbow Jason! :)

I second what Jeff says about sticking to one bow. Whenever I swap between longbow and recurve my (already ordinary) form goes downhill! :cry:

Cheers,

Erron

gilnockie

#4 Post by gilnockie » Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:42 pm

Jason, Santa gave me both of Fred G Asbell's books on instinctive shooting and when I was in Melbourne in the New Year a mate loaned me his copy of Asbell's video on instinctive shooting.

The good news is that even wheelies can shoot instinctively.

The books are well worth a read. The second volume deals with shooting compounds and longbows instinctively, in great detail.
Norman

Draw, anchor, loose.