DENTAL WORK REQUIRED ANYONE

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

TRASH2

DENTAL WORK REQUIRED ANYONE

#1 Post by TRASH2 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:55 am

The results of our little adventure up yonder!!!!!!!
Attachments
Say cheese everyone!!!!!!
Say cheese everyone!!!!!!
Picture 001.jpg (101.76 KiB) Viewed 4125 times
I CALLED THE AKUBRA MAN A FAT BASTARD

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:16 am

Looks like you fellas had a great time. Congrats!

Gee Strowy you look a bit safissicateddddd in that new Akubra. :shock: :lol:

Jeff

TRASH

#3 Post by TRASH » Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:30 pm

Yes Jeff

A new hat drives me nuts, its a result of the comments about me hat in the logo that made me do it mate. This one is holding up well,I havent had it very long and its only been shot once with a ribby for jumping off me head and run over by the 4 wheeler ,,, in an attempt to make it look like Nigel's of course. Its the same as yours mate except i cut an inch off the brim all round because me ears and nose are no where as big as yours. :lol:
TOTALLY ROOTED AND STILL HUNTING

erron

#4 Post by erron » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:17 pm

Strowy,

Sounds like you needed either counselling or stress relief after that ribbing you got for the hat. Good to see you opted for the stress relief of a "little" hunting!

Erron

ozlongbow

#5 Post by ozlongbow » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:29 pm

[Expletive deleted]!!!!!
That's a whole heap of hogs. How many arrows do you take on a trip, about 5 doz each? Or maybe you're never miss so you only need 2 dozen - one for each pig?
Awesome. What was the biggest?

Lindsay
"So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold of the hearts of men."
Maurice Thompsen, 1878.

TRASH2

#6 Post by TRASH2 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:39 pm

Well I even have a photo of his hat when he shot it, I'll try and find it for you so everyone can see what sort of a lunatic we have to put up with!!. Not to mention the morning he wore the hat, he asked what it looked like and I din't say anything so with that he threw it on the ground jumped all over it, kicked it around the flat, punched the crown out and threw it on the ground and ran over it with the quad all in a matter of seconds. With that I had to wipe the tears outa my eyes and said "YOU ARE A NUT CASE" and I think it's a good possibility I'M RIGHT.

Here's another photo I took of a pigs skull on a post outside of a station down south.
Attachments
CRIKEY!!!
CRIKEY!!!
MVC-005X.JPG (141.73 KiB) Viewed 4079 times

TRASH

#7 Post by TRASH » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:45 pm

I think it was one of the spotty fella's that was the biggest pig we hunted without putting a jaw to a face its hard to tell which pig was the biggest. :wink:

ds

#8 Post by ds » Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:05 pm

some fine pork you got there..well done.

ozlongbow

#9 Post by ozlongbow » Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:07 pm

What did he measure, out of interest?
L
"So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold of the hearts of men."
Maurice Thompsen, 1878.

TRASH2

#10 Post by TRASH2 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:13 am

We haven't measured any of the tusks as yet (thats Strowy's joy) but these boars tusks are smaller (maybe) than the ones we are used to getting around Mount Isa and down south of Isa. But these boars we have just got were all good big healthy boars (not really affected by the drought), even the sows were big pigs and sometimes it's to hard to tell the difference. When hunting we only hunt the boars, so that means stalking in to a pig or a mob of pigs (maybe 3 to 4 metres) identify the boars or if none are present sneak back out and go past them (got some great footage of this). We find this type of hunting very exciting and to be able to choose what you take makes the end tally not look like ( yeh we got 100 pigs all shapes and sizes which is possible) but we got 24 good quality boars and 3 sows that we thought were boars at the time. We took 40 arras each and only 6 in the quivers each day with 6 each as back up arras in a case on the quad. When Mick and I hunt we always hunt together and take it in turns on having a crack at a pig (work as a team stay together), have a signal system worked out so you know what the other person is saying (eg how many sows / boars and how far ahead which way they are laying / looking, ears up / down), this system works very well as the person who's turn it is then knows how to best approach the animal. When one person is stalking in the other is on the video watching and if the cirumstances change (eg the boar has moved or another has moved in) he can inform his team mate. One must always remember it's not a race and who cares who gets the most or the biggest.

ozlongbow

#11 Post by ozlongbow » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:16 am

Mate, sounds like a great system and a great attitude!
L
Maurice Thompsen, 1878.

stace

#12 Post by stace » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:49 pm

Boys I think I may cry myself to sleep tonight after looking at that trips result
Very inpressed and like your stlye of hunting helping each other .
Boy would I like to see your video collection

Stace

gundy

#13 Post by gundy » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:09 pm

#$%^ me drunk!

okay, I need to be somebodies frikkin friend so I can get up there on that action! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Seriously, if you want to see 5' 11", 100kg of girly squeeling wuss, invite me along....I aint never shot at no pig yet...and quite frankly, after seeing the second pic of old 'My name is Tusk' there, I may just stick to bunny rabbits...

Awesome photos, sounds like you guys had a ball!

ozlongbow

#14 Post by ozlongbow » Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:50 am

Join the queue that's forming to the right, Gundy!
Maurice Thompsen, 1878.

TRASH2

#15 Post by TRASH2 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:44 am

Gundy I have never been chased by a rabbit but we have had some pretty interesting moments when it comes to the old cranky pig. It's pretty exciting when you are running with a big cranky ole boar up your clacker and in front of you is the camera man running for tree or log that your gonna hurtle or climb, and you soon find out that you maybe getting older but hell YOU CAN STILL CLIMB A TREE LIKE YOUR A SIX YEAR OLD. We sorta work out before we go in on a unpredictable boar where the nearest place for refuge is and just how many long steps it is to get there but as we have found out PIGS CHEAT they sometimes cut corners as Mick found out one day (hey Mick). And if you think you can out run a pig you orta go in the olymipics running team (man can those hogs go). We have been lucky so far but one day you never know and thats why we call our home video productions RIPT COIGHT PRODUCTIONS. But never let fear hold you back just think about it ALL and have a bit of a plan together BUT REMEMBER PIGS CHEAT.

And if your interested in some video footage once I have sorted it all out I maybe able to run ya off a copy.

Griffo

#16 Post by Griffo » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:20 pm

I'm just wondering how you know what an "unpredictable" pig looks like :wink: ... are they the ones made of pork? :lol:

TRASH

#17 Post by TRASH » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:23 am

No pillock
They are the overweight ones who wear funny hats. :lol: