Toz & Staces hunt

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

stace

Toz & Staces hunt

#1 Post by stace » Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:39 pm

Have just worked out how the attachment thingy works so heres a photo of a great trip and a nice Billy taken with Traditional Tackle
We had such a great trip (a month ago)it took a month to settle back into work (bugger)
Stace
Attachments
Billy.JPG
Billy.JPG (46.62 KiB) Viewed 1695 times

Bullwinkle

#2 Post by Bullwinkle » Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:14 pm

That is a good Billy. Is that one of your bows? How is the badlands going?

ozlongbow

#3 Post by ozlongbow » Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:04 am

Nice rack there Stace! And what's that green stuff you're sitting on? Grass? it isn't that colour usually is it? Sure isn't up here. where did you hunt?
Lindsay
"So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold of the hearts of men."
Maurice Thompsen, 1878.

erron

#4 Post by erron » Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:58 pm

Great shot Stace, did you keep the head or pelt or anything?

Erron

stace

#5 Post by stace » Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:59 pm

Fenton have attached a photo taken last year in Tenterfield ,goat (furry one)with the Badlands bow. Goat in question was hit through the back of the rib cage and down through the brisket (pass through),he then jumped off a cliff face and ended up 200yds away .Arrow is a Hand turned oregan shaft (barrelled)a Concorde davies head and wieghing in at 660 grains .they come out of the bow sweet . Yeah and the recurve one of my bows !
I had left my saw behind Erron so I tied the horns into the tree behind till I can get back to recover them ,Starting to panic they maybe gone, will have to a recovery trip (bugger)
The grass in background ? Lindsay youve been around too much concrete,you need to get out hunting
ps Hope the photo stirs up a few more hunting pics
Stace
Attachments
Long Goat0021.JPG
Long Goat0021.JPG (42.4 KiB) Viewed 1661 times

ozlongbow

#6 Post by ozlongbow » Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:09 am

Stace
No mate, its not concrete, just the grass I see around these parts is brown! Mind you, started to rain today so live in hope of a wet few weeks, but not holding my breath.
L
"So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold of the hearts of men."
Maurice Thompsen, 1878.