HI Honey i'm home

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

TRASH

HI Honey i'm home

#1 Post by TRASH » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:00 pm

Yes folks weeeere back !!!!

Trigger,bullseye,Black Betty and Jeffy survived the ordeal better than the pair of us i think. The heat and humidity was a killer with us getting through approx 16 ltres of water between us each hunt which started at approx 10am > 8.00pm. The dreaded rain hit us the first arvo and into the night but that was it. WE left the fishing rods down by the water hole for the duration but caught nothing although i have heard you do better if you throw the lure into the water !!!!!!!!!. I reckon by the end of the week we had more strapping on us than FENECH before a fight although after the rain it was great going native in the boot department after that the sand got that hot even the boars would speed up to get across it. We had to upgrade to double plug thongs and volleys.

yours in
Cracked heals and sunburn
TOTALLY ROOTED AND STILL HUNTING

erron

#2 Post by erron » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:45 pm

16 Litres a hunt!!! Holy Moly, did you you have a hose connected to your mouth, or what? That's incredible!

Who's Jeffy? Don't tell me you kidnapped The Man From Maryborough for a hunt?

i suppose the Wet starts soon, or is that what you got this time?

Anyway, enough questions, good to have you back, :)

cheers,

Erron

TRASH2

#3 Post by TRASH2 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:14 pm

Sorry mate he meant to say Jeffery (who is my bow and yes is named after his maker in Maryborough a tempermental old stick) ha ha!!!
I CALLED THE AKUBRA MAN A FAT BASTARD

Bullwinkle

#4 Post by Bullwinkle » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:28 pm

Good to see youse made it back. We didn't do much good in the fishing department either. I also went the thong route for the last week of our hunt. I also got to say it's good to see other blokes getting strapped up, I spent most the time with strapping on my knee and you can only guess how hot that is this time of year, mMark ended up with, get this 15 blisters on one foot. I will give him one thing though, he never stopped hunting and kept up with out any whinging or sooking it. That water sounds about the same with us too. A couple of photo's wouldn't go astray either boys.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:10 pm

Hey Nige, it's JeffRey if'n ya don't mind! :wink:

TRASH

Told ya

#6 Post by TRASH » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:44 am

See Nige
Whingin already ain't he !!!!!!!
The hunt sorta went like this
Yes jeffrey it is very hot isn't it, alright alright its no good complaining about the weight of your pack mate you need the water, hows your finger jeff ? "arh its still sore" ,
I know i know my feet are sore to mate , "gee i'm beggered" !!!!! yes jeff im feell'n it myself . Yes jeff it is hard sleeping at night because its so bloody hot mate not much we can do about it. So did ya nail a few today mate "aww no the wind was wrong, the tree,s were in the way,I rushed the shot ". :lol: :lol: :wink: never mind old mate maybe next year we can have you there in person as talking to a longbow was kinda like TOM HANKS talking to WILSON the soccer ball on Castaway.

ozlongbow

#7 Post by ozlongbow » Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:07 am

Question: How do you carry 16 litres of water? Strap a jerry can to your back or what?

Lindsay
"So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold of the hearts of men."
Maurice Thompsen, 1878.

TRASH

#8 Post by TRASH » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:00 pm

We carry 3 lters on us and the rest on the quads, we return to the bikes for refills ect . We hunt 1>5 klm then return to the bikes and move them along and keep moving along the river depending on the distance between the waterholes.On the bikes we carry 6 oranges and 6 fruit bars for the day we wrap the jerry can on the bike with hesian and keep it damp as if you don't the water gets that hot you can make tea with it. The beer gets to shaken up on the bikes so we leave it back at camp.

erron

#9 Post by erron » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:37 pm

TOM HANKS talking to WILSON the soccer ball on Castaway

Code: Select all

- great movie, that!

Erron

TRASH

#10 Post by TRASH » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:34 pm

My technically incoherent hunting mate Nige is looking after the photo dept at present . You can expect some photo's when he works out how to get the film out of the camera . I just have to look after the esky full of stinkin Tuskes which have been boiled out but not cleaned up. We were up till 1 am the morning before we left boiling them out so we could fit them on the trailer, it was that or leave Bullseye behind :roll: :wink: .

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#11 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:41 pm

Gee Strowy, you went back to work for a holiday again hey? You have way to much time on your hands Ol' mate. :lol:

Next year in person again? No worries, just give a holler. I think I could survive another week up there - at least I think I could. :D

Jeff

TRASH2

#12 Post by TRASH2 » Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:48 am

What and have two JEFFREEEEYS in the same camp, now that will be confusing. I am currently getting my photos developed and am waiting for some puter wizard to fix my box so I can try and make a new production on DVD called Ript Coight Up Close And Personal. Has anyone else tried to Burn and edit a home video onto a DVD because my hunting partner forgets to pause the camera and weve ended up with a 3 1/2 hr film of ground, leaves, sand, feet , swearing at Betty & Jeffrey not forgetting some fantastic footage of pigs, big boars (alive), crocs and hunting footage.

Yours in
CUT I SAID CUT YOU *&^%$# IDIOT!!!
I CALLED THE AKUBRA MAN A FAT BASTARD