blunts?

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

pommy chris

blunts?

#1 Post by pommy chris » Mon May 28, 2007 11:04 pm

i cant hunt with bow here in england.only rabbit with lurcher :)
but have a question for you.the old guy who runs our club used to hunt when legal.rabbit,pigeon.and used blunts on the end of his arrows made from horn.
do any of you use them?
cheers.
LONGBOWS HAVE HORNY ENDS.COS IF WE MISS.YOU STILL GET A POKE IN THE EYE.

Joel

#2 Post by Joel » Tue May 29, 2007 8:26 am

I've got two arrows with blunts on em, waiting to go for rabbits sometime, however I havent had a chance to get out, nor do I think I'm accurate enough yet. From what I've read/heard blunts are quite common esp while hunting, as it gives them something to do until a stalk is found. Thats just what I've heard, any actual hunters who can give some more info?
Shoot it and move on

nimrod

#3 Post by nimrod » Tue May 29, 2007 10:01 am

Hi chris when I go out roving I usually have about a dozen arrows 2 with sharp pointy ends 2 judo points 6 steel blunts 2 rubber blunts this mix lets me shoot at a wide range of targets I also have some rubber blunts that can be slipped over the steel ones , have you visited the archers rest ?? cheers.

Joel

#4 Post by Joel » Tue May 29, 2007 4:44 pm

Hang on, shows what I know, blunts are different to judo points? I thought they were the same.
Shoot it and move on

losty

#5 Post by losty » Tue May 29, 2007 5:35 pm

judo points are a fancy kind of blunt with wire sticking out the sides a) to spreasd the force and b) to prevent them digging into the ground. rubber blunts are just a rubber stop like thing on the end of the arrow.
There's no adventure in knowing where you are.

pommy chris

#6 Post by pommy chris » Wed May 30, 2007 2:21 am

hello.cheers for the replies.
nimrod.ive been meaning to have a look at the archers rest.must get round to it.maybe later tonight.we have a break in the weather here. been bad all weekend so im going to club tonight for a couple of hours archery.luckily our club is 24/7 365 days a year.
only trouble is as i understand it now the nfas will only cover archers on official club days.sat/sun,wednesday.but the guy who runs it says he bought the wood-27 acres.to use all the time anytime.so we will carry on. as we are.
cheers.

stoka

#7 Post by stoka » Wed May 30, 2007 9:19 pm

gday guys i know this is trad hunting but i manafacture my own blunts they are called pups they are a field point grinded then tapped twice with 2 pins through them so they look like a cross if you were staring at them front on.
they fly great no noise and way around 120-130 grains they will penetrate bunnys stop you loosing arrows under grass and when you do hit a bunny it will kill it but no reck the meat and at 3.50 each they are great imo here are some bunnys iv taken from10-30m all were one shot kills
:D

and heres one i hit at 30 meters out of my 55lbs compound with a pup
Image :wink:

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#8 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed May 30, 2007 9:49 pm

Stoka,

Looks like they do the job on bunnies just fine. :D

Jeff

pommy chris

#9 Post by pommy chris » Thu May 31, 2007 7:48 am

good pics mate.
ive got no probs with the compound bows.had ago with a couple when first started archery at a target club.