Great to catch up!

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

rory

Great to catch up!

#1 Post by rory » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:04 am

Ozbowians,

After spending some time with the 'dark side' I went out for a recurving ramble with a great mate of mine, whom I hope I will meet up with again, though in Sth Africa on a game ranch :wink: 8)

Anyways, Andy has been 'down-under' for the last few months and we have become good friends. He dropped in a while back and we were succesful in taking a young billy goat for meat, and a couple of rabbits.

I was pumped when Andy called and said he was comming back through my area and was keen for a follow up hunt.

An Aussie head that I think is right up there with the best 2 blade heads (Dr Ashby loved em ;) ) is the 'Blackstump' range of broadheads. with my recurve I love the 125 grain 'Bushmaster' which with adapter gives a 150 grian total head. Andy is now a convert, and they are the toughest head I've ever used.
They are a very hard metal, though once an edge is acheived it stays put. They get rediculously sharp. I personally like to use an Accu-Sharp on them.. Image

The Blackstump 'Bushmaster' Image

We had a great time out whistling for foxes, though none felt a shaft go through them :(

I was able to show Andy how we do things round here (whistling wise) and he got to see/hear the 'Tenterfield' whistle in action (easily the loadest screetching call I've ever used ;) )

We saw 4 good sized dogs, nice and healthy. We had 2 come to the whistle at once, but we had moved out of position by the time they came :mad:

A couple of hero pics of us legends ;) :biglaugh:

Cheers all!
Wes Wallace 'Mentor' T/D recurve 65# @ 28"

Blackstump broadheads

jape

#2 Post by jape » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:31 am

Good pics, better luck next time on the foxes, they are getting out of hand round here.

What is the cammo on the jacket please?
jape

rory

#3 Post by rory » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:08 am

jape, which one? I am the ugly mug in the bottom pic... and that is 100% home-made stuff which has proven itself many times now to me now on deer 8)

The other bloke Andy, that mesh overcoat type camo I think is something he got in Sth Africa, but not sure :?

Blackstump broadheads

jape

#4 Post by jape » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:55 am

Sorry, the middle pic. Rory. That looks just like some designs I had been drawing up based on photos of the local bush that I changed to monotone to get an idea of patterns of dark and light.
jape

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:29 pm

Rory, you change your mind a lot. :wink: :D

Jeff

rory

#6 Post by rory » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:14 pm

No Jeff, just gaining experience :wink: :D

Blackstump broadheads

Jeffro

#7 Post by Jeffro » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:43 pm

Nice pics Rory I like the 3rd one,its pretty sandy looking there is that a dry riverbed or something?.
I haven't seen those bushmasters before they look good.I think it will be a while before I run out of these magnus's but I will be after some of those bushmasters for sure at some stage.
Jeff