South Alligator Fishin

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

bear74

South Alligator Fishin

#1 Post by bear74 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:00 am

Havn't been out for a hunt in some time now due to the wet season so mainly fishin close to home here in jabiru :D I travel to the mouth of the south to fish around the islands mainly where we catch nice salty barra, black jew, golden snapper(fingermark bream),grunter :D with plenty big catfish and sharks to annoy us too :? I use my 4.55m polycraft boat which really handles anything thats thrown at it very well :wink: with the new 60hp yammy 4strke on the back I think I have almost got the best allround boat for the topend(thats my opinion anyway :D ) here's a few pics guys.

BEAR
IF IT'S FERAL, IT'S IN PERIL!

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:25 pm

Great fish and great photos mate. There will be some nice feeds with that lot.

Jeff

RecurveRon

#3 Post by RecurveRon » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:08 pm

Some great fish there Bear, i'm booked to head up on the 14th march for my first trip after Barra. Hopefuly can get some good weather and a variety of fish. Just bought a Curado, now just have to learn how to cast the bloody thing.Well done

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by greybeard » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:45 pm

Excellent fish!!!
It must be a hard life but I guess someone has to do it?
Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....