Advices, suggesttions from Spain

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

Jorge

Advices, suggesttions from Spain

#1 Post by Jorge » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:59 pm

Hi,

My name is Jorge Amador. We are thinking in a trip to bowhunt Australia, we were there in a guided hunt in Cape York and was a nice trip but this time we want to do something different in other place of your country. I have seen webpages that give you, for one amount , access to hunting properties in places as Cunnamulla, Quilpie, Thargomindah...but the question is, as you can imagine, what can we to expect about game numbers there? specially pigs...i read about the dry conditions, in some places people say pig numbers are goods, in others very lows...

We are mainly traditional bowhunters, not compounds at this moment.

All the best from europe !!!

Ian Turner

Re: Advices, suggesttions from Spain

#2 Post by Ian Turner » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:22 pm

Hi mate,
Nice to hear from archers in Spain that are thinking of comming over here.
Mate i dont know about the game numbers question as it has been very dry in a number of areas in outback NSW and QLD but just someting to be aware of is that there are vast distances involved; sometimes many hundreds and even thouands of klm's to be travelled between places particularly hunting locations in this country and getting about without a 4WD vehicle can be rather difficult particularly in areas that have wet and dry seasons up north.
Asd you have been to the cape i am sure that you are aware of what i am saying but i just thought i had better mention it.
Cheers
and all the best.
Ian

Jorge

Re: Advices, suggesttions from Spain

#3 Post by Jorge » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:39 pm

Thank you Ian, yes, hire a 4WD is a must