Cascade Bunny

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

matt61

Cascade Bunny

#1 Post by matt61 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:02 pm

I spent about twenty minutes slinging arrows this afternoon at a blue milk bottle top pinned to my target butt with my newly acquired Cascade Golden Hawk Magnum. The new string that I made for it on the weekend had settled in and I was regularly hitting the bottle top at twenty meters, so of I went to a local rock piles and boxthorn patch to stir up the bunny population.
The first rabbit I saw and shot at ducked at the sound of the bow string and the arrow hit right where its head had been :roll: . I picked up my arrow and walked about ten meters and peeked around a bush and saw a rabbit sitting at the entrance to its burrow about twenty meters away :biggrin: perfect, right on my practice distance and in one smooth action the arrow was on its way and the Judo point hit the rabbit right in the middle of the shoulders killing it instantly. Dinner for my dogs.
Matt
001.JPG
001.JPG (117.49 KiB) Viewed 2258 times

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Cascade Bunny

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:09 pm

Good one Matt. Always fun huntin' bunnies.

Jeff

Gringa Bows

#3 Post by Gringa Bows » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:28 pm

good one Matte :wink:

Mick Smith

#4 Post by Mick Smith » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:14 am

Well done Matt. I wouldn't like to be a bunny on your patch.

The rabbits seem to be few and far between down my way this year. The area around home is usually crawling with them, but not this year. I can remember seeing somewhere that the calicivirus is a cyclic thing. Apparently, the young of calicvirus survivers are immune to the virus, but that immunity doesn't extend to the following generation. If this is true, it might explain the low numbers, or it could just mean that the farmers have been particularly diligent this year in laying poison. Either way, my usual haunts are barren of bunnies this year.
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

rodlonq

#5 Post by rodlonq » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:57 pm

Nice shooting Matt, something I have yet to achieve.

Cheers... Rod