A couple pigs

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

Jack Spinks

A couple pigs

#1 Post by Jack Spinks » Sat May 03, 2014 12:45 pm

The daily temps were around 45 and sweating it out harder than us were the pigs, after swimming the creek we early just stayed in the water but my brother and I were on a mission to arrow a couple of pigs.. We took the long way around to get the aid right and very quietly we snuck up to the snowy shady tree and all I could hear was huffing and puffing the heat was flogging them.

A small mob of 2 larger pigs and a heap of slips, I edged my way forward and pinned up against the same tree they were under, with Ty's filming they spooked but in quick response I drew and flung a shaft into the bigger spotted pigs chest.. Classic signs of a heart shot the pig died 40m later.. We found my ribtek embedded in the opposite side shoulder blade snapped off just behind the shaft collar.. We did some filming explaining what happened etc which was very good..

We moved on a spooked some slips and once again I sat back and thought like a pig, "if I was a pig I'd be in the most shade possible" as I looked to my left I noticed a very green shady tree and tys coming in up wind of the green shade.. As the wind hit me I heard a pig grunt and saw a mud encrusted lump rise to it's feet.. Luck have it it walked towards me and at 5m quartering on I let loose taking out both lungs..

The blood trail went on for a while but eventially found it, both pigs weren't huge around the 75kg mark but not bad for a short midday walk.. I used a 60# bow CX Heritages with 130g ribteks they performed very well..
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (117.41 KiB) Viewed 2441 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (119.48 KiB) Viewed 2441 times
PSA Black Widow 68# - Samick Devastator 60# - Samick Squall 60# - Carbon Express heritage 350s - Ribteks, Woodsmans

" Puts anything down hard and fast"

bigbob

Re: A couple pigs

#2 Post by bigbob » Sat May 03, 2014 1:59 pm

Man you've been busy on the hunting scene! Great stuff!
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

clinton miller

#3 Post by clinton miller » Sat May 03, 2014 6:12 pm

we might as well all give up hunting, there's nothing left because spinksy has killed all the ferals! 8)
goats, foxes, now pigs.......you've been having a great time lately.
great to see and well done.
The degree of satisfaction gained from the accomplishment of a goal is directly proportional to the hardships and challenges overcome in order to achieve it.

border black douglas recurve 70# & 58# HEX6-H BB2 limbs
brigalow selfbow with rawhide string

Jack Spinks

#4 Post by Jack Spinks » Sat May 03, 2014 9:47 pm

Haha Clinton these are from the start of the yr until now. Would be a cracking fallow pic if the big bugger didn't jump the string
PSA Black Widow 68# - Samick Devastator 60# - Samick Squall 60# - Carbon Express heritage 350s - Ribteks, Woodsmans

Guy Layton

#5 Post by Guy Layton » Sun May 04, 2014 7:01 pm

Nice work bud... Gotta be happy with those... :biggrin:

I missed a fox today at 8m... :oops:

Cheers Guy
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is no where as important as being able to place it in the correct spot....!

Jack Spinks

#6 Post by Jack Spinks » Sun May 04, 2014 7:13 pm

Yeah was a bit of fun, geez guy bad luck mate the old fox is a tough one, keep it up.. I hope a heap more trad hunters can start adding more hunting stories and pics

whitey222

#7 Post by whitey222 » Mon May 05, 2014 7:25 am

Nice work AGAIN Jack. It's looking to be a very prolific year for you. 8)
Graham
Predator Classic T/D Recurve 51 & 61# limbs, Redwing Hunter Recurve 56#, Mathews Monster Chill R 70#