Bowhunting down under magazine

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

Jack Spinks

Bowhunting down under magazine

#1 Post by Jack Spinks » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:03 pm

Just got my latest issue of the Bowhunting Down Under mag which is 95% compound modern tech bowhunters that have their pictures and stories in there, but the trad fellas have represented a bit with a few wicked pics and my Fallow Buck I was lucky enough to smack over the rut, great stories and great mag.. Get on it !!!
PSA Black Widow 68# - Samick Devastator 60# - Samick Squall 60# - Carbon Express heritage 350s - Ribteks, Woodsmans

" Puts anything down hard and fast"

Steve

Re: Bowhunting down under magazine

#2 Post by Steve » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:27 pm

Picked it up the other day. Not a bad mag. Nice to see your Fallow as a feature story.
Honor et amore

Hoyt Buffalo 61# @ 29"

bigbob

#3 Post by bigbob » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:04 am

I subscribe to it, has some great stories and info. Great to see you in there with a great read.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

Jack Spinks

#4 Post by Jack Spinks » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:22 pm

I love sending in my stories but really there is a lack of trad hunters in their unfortunately, always get excited when I see a story or pictures of trad fellas and their trophies so trad fellas get hunting and send them in to promote traditional archery and bow hunting
PSA Black Widow 68# - Samick Devastator 60# - Samick Squall 60# - Carbon Express heritage 350s - Ribteks, Woodsmans

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:15 pm

I won't support that magazine because of very bad content that was damaging to bowhunting being printed in the mag a number of years ago now. I and other Bowhunters contacted the editor about it but he totally ignored our comments and continued to print similar in later mags. I have never bought one of the mags since.

Jeff

Jack Spinks

#6 Post by Jack Spinks » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:39 pm

Oh really that's no good at all, Australia needs a Traditional bowhunting magazine I reckon :)

Guy Layton

#7 Post by Guy Layton » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:50 am

Hi Jack,

Had a read of your story the other day mate... Gotta be happy with that one on the deck for sure...:mrgreen:

Well done... :biggrin:

Cheers Guy
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is no where as important as being able to place it in the correct spot....!

Jack Spinks

#8 Post by Jack Spinks » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:05 pm

thanks guy and yeah im very happy to have put him on the deck especially with my Black Widow. looking forward to the 2014 rut that's for sure.
good on ya mate

jack