The Storm

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

Slackshot

The Storm

#1 Post by Slackshot » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:04 pm

Well it wasn't bad enough that I had a run in with Mr Pig even mother nature had it in for me. My oldest boy couldn't take to much time off work when we got back from Hunting. The only day was right for tides was the Friday before I left so off we went, caught a few western snapper etc then this showed up on the horizon 12 miles out and Broome is underneath that
DSCF3305.JPG
DSCF3305.JPG (35.39 KiB) Viewed 2090 times
So we hightailed it back towards Broome but too late and we are caught out. Due to the bouncing of the boat the rubbish in the fuel tank gets stirred up and we stop dead in the water ,,,great .Fortunately Mick gets the boat moving but its real rough and he calls in a passing Paspaley tender who is only to happy to motor along in front and knock the waves down a little for us and in case she stops again. They tell us that the prop is mostly out of the water on the way in. Next day mick gets a call from a skipper on one of Pases ships having a laugh about a couple of ducks getting rescued Ha Ha . Mick was the head diver for Pas for a long time so it was over town fast
Slackshot aka Gary Case

Bent Stick

Re: The Storm

#2 Post by Bent Stick » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:11 pm

Mate arenlt you just having all the fun, bloody wish it was me. I'll have a beer for you tonight though.
If your not having fun, your doing it for all the wrong reasons

bigbob

#3 Post by bigbob » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:30 pm

that storm looks like a good place to be well away from. Good that you got back in one piece.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

Gringa Bows

#4 Post by Gringa Bows » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:45 am

could use the water from that storm here :biggrin:

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:38 am

I'm glad I like the land so much as you'd never find me out there in that situation. :mrgreen:

Jeff

Slackshot

#6 Post by Slackshot » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:07 am

Just love to fish and I don't get enough time these days,, Keep a cool head in those situations and you will be ok . don't worry Lb we need the rain down Tweed too,, the grasshoppers are eating my green carpet :roll:
Slackshot aka Gary Case