Good news for bowhunters

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

Antarcher

Good news for bowhunters

#1 Post by Antarcher » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:38 pm

Hello people. I haven't posted on here for a long time, but as bow users I thought I would let you know that there has been some success in getting bows back on the agenda for public hunting in NSW. Attended parliament yesterday for a meeting with the minister for the Department of Primary Industries and she has indicated that hunting in state forests will be reinstated asap and that as far as she was concerned, bows would be included. No guarantees, what politician would, as it still needs to go through the upper house, but we are in a way better spot than when the closure was announced and bows and black powder were banned from the process. all indications are that she was very much in favour of having us in the plan and she wants it all over and done with as quickly as she can.

She also indicated that they want to mirror as closely as they can, under the terms of the new risk assessment they are doing, to have the new model work like the old one. There still probably will be some differences and it is yet to be seen, but the statement has now been made in parliament so it is definitely going to be on.

To all of you who have written letters to your local MP's to voice your concern, I would like to say a big thank you as they have definitely made a huge difference. All MP's have come under the pump and the pressure has and is mounting very nicely. We need to keep the momentum going to make sure we are not dudded at the last minute, so please if you are doing your bit, please keep it up. Regards, Antonio

bigbob

Re: Good news for bowhunters

#2 Post by bigbob » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:17 pm

That is really good news and one can only hope that it actually comes to fruition and not just another empty statement from my favourite person/s any politition.No faith in any,usually empty rhetoric designed to appease the moment, but sincerely hope that I'm proven wrong here.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

CraigH

#3 Post by CraigH » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:48 pm

Hope it works out.

rodlonq

#4 Post by rodlonq » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:23 pm

Antonio,

Thank you for taking the time to report on what you have seen first hand. It gives a lot more confidence than second hand hearsay. Keep up the good work mate.

Cheers..... Rod

wishsong

#5 Post by wishsong » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:37 pm

awesome work Ant !

well done mate ...

lets keep the pressure up lads !

Keith Lee

#6 Post by Keith Lee » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:17 pm

Heres hoping that all goes well.