Places to hunt

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

ontothepigs

Places to hunt

#1 Post by ontothepigs » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:39 am

Any tips on finding properties to hunt goats and pigs on? Am looking around FNQ, around T'ville not too bad but also Cairns and west of would be great. Am happy to pay for access.
Flatline #52
Java man Falcon #52 @ 29, 60"

Mick Smith

Re: Places to hunt

#2 Post by Mick Smith » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:43 pm

I'd say the best way to find hunting properties in your local area would be to join your local ABA or archery club. They will have properties that they use. It might take a while before they take you into their confidence, as most hunters are very tight lipped about these things. One extra benefit of joining a club is that you will have friends to accompany you on hunting trips.
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

ontothepigs

#3 Post by ontothepigs » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Yeah for sure Mick, I think everyone is the same. Too many randoms going out to places and doing silly stuff, puts owners off. I have been involved with the Tully club on occasions, just have been a bit inactive since the young fella ( about 2 yrs). Might have to get back amongst it. Would love to be able to eat what I get, hence the goat idea, I think it would be pretty satisfying! Love some game for the freezer. Don't trust the pigs up this way but would eat a goat or rabbits.

I have done a bit of a ring around at times but it is not very successful, prob better dropping in. Give a face to the name.

Thanks for the advice.
Flatline #52
Java man Falcon #52 @ 29, 60"

Jack Spinks

#4 Post by Jack Spinks » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:43 am

yeah you boys are dead right, I have been lucky down here being known through the community helps a bit but if your stuck It can be as simple as "door knocking", puts a face to a name and also shows your willing to go outta your way, a few things that have helped me is to ask if the owner needs any dog meat etc and always illustrated that bowhunters are quiet, skill ful, honest hunters, your not out there to kill mobs you either take the best you can get or meat animals and they appreciate that but always show up with a slab of cans or milk and bread and that goes along way. hope this helps
PSA Black Widow 68# - Samick Devastator 60# - Samick Squall 60# - Carbon Express heritage 350s - Ribteks, Woodsmans

" Puts anything down hard and fast"