Single bevel 190gr concord

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

Fraser

Single bevel 190gr concord

#1 Post by Fraser » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:48 am

For those of you that are interested in single bevel broad heads, Garry from tusker broad heads nocked these up for me. Cost $34 for 1/2 dozen (incl $1.20 for postage). The bevels still need to be finished of with a file as per normal. I have an upcoming week long hunt were hopefully I can compare them to the 190gr ribteks I have been using.
image.jpg
image.jpg (170.86 KiB) Viewed 3236 times

bigbob

Re: Single bevel 190gr concord

#2 Post by bigbob » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:24 pm

Be interested to see how they went. Always used Tusker or Davies myself. Good to see Pitty carrying on with the brand.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:42 pm

The 190's should be thicker than the ordinary Concords which would make them stronger. The thinner ones used to bend easy so we would nip the tips off to help prevent it from happening.

Jeff

Fraser

#4 Post by Fraser » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Bob, the ribteks are a wider broadhead, it will be interesting to see if the twisting action of the single beveled heads makes up for the lack of width.

Jeff, they have a Tanto tip cut into them, pic dosen't show it very well. They are a bit thicker than the steel used in the deltas I've got, so hopefully the tips don't curl. I'm chasing a deer or two for the table, no wife or kids for a week, really looking forward to it.

Fraser

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:48 pm

Fraser wrote:Jeff, they have a Tanto tip cut into them, pic dosen't show it very well. They are a bit thicker than the steel used in the deltas I've got, so hopefully the tips don't curl.
I realised they would have the tanto tip and the added thickness should make them stronger alright. All the best for the hunt mate.

Jeff

Fanto

#6 Post by Fanto » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:57 am

I found the ones I made extremely easy to sharpen to hair shaving sharp, easiest head I've sharpened thus far
"So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold in the hearts of men" The Witchery of Archery, Maurice Thompson

scuzz

#7 Post by scuzz » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:17 am

I shot the 190gr concord's at the broadhead range at the gathering this weekend. I shot one into a tree on the first shot :oops: , with a fair amount of twisting and jerking. Some tree hacking with a hatchet and finally got it out, it had a slight bend in the tip, but easily straightened with a hammer.

Scuzz

Fraser

#8 Post by Fraser » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Fanto, I found them really easy to sharpen, they take half the time of the ribteks, even if the single bevel doesn't out shine the double bevel performance wise, the ease of sharpening makes them an attractive alternative.

Scuzz, good to hear they can stand up to some abuse.

Fraser

hazard

#9 Post by hazard » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:21 pm

scuzz wrote:I shot the 190gr concord's at the broadhead range at the gathering this weekend. I shot one into a tree on the first shot :oops: , with a fair amount of twisting and jerking. Some tree hacking with a hatchet and finally got it out, it had a slight bend in the tip, but easily straightened with a hammer.

Scuzz
4 of the 5 in my group hit exactly the same tree :wink: There was some monumental wood carving that was dont through that hunt I can tell you :oops: Did you get that rat on the end target?

Hazard
Politics is a game played by dishonest people to gain an unfair advantage!

Never under estimate the strength of a cornered coward.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

http://www.bowmanstaxidermy.com.au

scuzz

#10 Post by scuzz » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:32 am

hazard wrote:
4 of the 5 in my group hit exactly the same tree :wink: There was some monumental wood carving that was dont through that hunt I can tell you :oops: Did you get that rat on the end target?

Hazard

Yea i think the rat was one of the only targets i hit :razz: The one with the big log behind it? :lol:

Scuzz