Jealous?

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

RobHunter

Jealous?

#1 Post by RobHunter » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:22 am

Hi all

Just thought I'd post this photo

Sitting on the banks of the Murray

Caught a couple of Yellas (not me lol) and my brother shot a small billy goat, unfortunately no bow yet.

Reds rob
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (100.67 KiB) Viewed 2476 times

kerrille

Re: Jealous?

#2 Post by kerrille » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:44 am

where are you mate i live in merbein

...nev...
i hunt animals because they have legs and can run away ................plants dont

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:45 am

Looks like a great place to camp mate - enjoy!!!

Jeff

rodlonq

#4 Post by rodlonq » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:06 am

YES....... I am jealous, that looks like a great spot. I hope you have a very good time... and I hope you don't get a fly in your beer... :lol: '

Cheers...... Rod

RobHunter

#5 Post by RobHunter » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:02 pm

Hi all

Was a great weekend !! despite no bow. We arrived at 6-30 pm, met the locals, set up camp and launched the Fleet.
Straight into it, fishing till 3am. We caught a truck load of carp, lol and 3 just legal "yellas" and one billy goat. The goat was caught with a Rapala lure, with .223 of lead weight! A cast of about 170 metres.

THe 2 locals were a scream, Mark and Macca had their music playing, laughing and shouting - they caught the Golden perch and the most carp - who said you had to be quiet fishing! They were in a nice little Mako tinnie, and were parked right on the banks.My brother and I were in his more modest tinnie ( on the left in Photo) and tied off further out, being cautious.
Somewhere around 1 am I moved into the locals boat, my Brother Geoff was tired, and chated, fished and drank a little.

TBC

Rob
Attachments
Img_0062.jpg
Img_0062.jpg (38.55 KiB) Viewed 2388 times
Goats on the banks.jpg
Goats on the banks.jpg (35.79 KiB) Viewed 2388 times

RobHunter

#6 Post by RobHunter » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:34 pm

The next morning we had Breakfast, Bacon and eggs, real farm style and launched again. Carp again, but alot bigger, the none in the photo was about 2 1/2 foot long. Mark and Macca caught 2 nice "yellas" and a Heap of carp. Carp are spoken about with scorn, but are a great sport fish, leaping out of the water trying to escape. I caught my biggest one, about 18" long which was great fun. This continued till lunch time (3pm lol) Porterhouse steak sandwiches, Then got the tour of nearby Robinvale. !0 minutes later... lol. When we got back Back to fishing!

Similar results till dinner (spit roast Chook and Potoatoes) and back to fishing. BTW all the food was provided by Mark and Macca, as was a generator and two big lights ( so we could find the camp site at night). The bait was Yabbies and shrimp, caught in the river and worms we bought in Carrum downs. My brother bought an oldish 4wd and leaves it up there for Macca to use as needed.

The next day Brekkie was Bacon, eggs and Steak sandwiches...mmmmm. Then a few more hours fishing. We saw a few mobs of goats coming down to drink on the edge of the river, but left them alone. Carp again kept us busy. We only fished a few hours then went back to camp and started packing up.

This trip was designated Fishing, next one will be Hunting. Mark has a large property/s with Goats foxes and pigs about another hour from robinvale. Them with their rifles and me with a Bow (I was offered future visits anytime :D)
Depending on $ possibly as soon as Easter. Mark and Macca were great blokes, friendly and generous, the fish were plentiful, the food great and the drinking moderate but enjoyable.

Cyas

Rob
Attachments
Img_0064.jpg
Img_0064.jpg (42.66 KiB) Viewed 2380 times

bigbob

#7 Post by bigbob » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:00 pm

Sounds like a great trip. Probably one where you actually come back weighing more than when you left judging by the tucker you lot were gorging on! :lol: :mrgreen:
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

Gringa Bows

#8 Post by Gringa Bows » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:31 pm

Great trip Guy's :biggrin:

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#9 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:47 pm

Seems like it was a great few days for ya Rob. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Jeff