Anyone hunted in Canada?

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

bryan

Anyone hunted in Canada?

#1 Post by bryan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:00 am

G'day

I heading to Canada for a year or 2 in October. I'm looking in to doing a whitetail bowhunt while over there. I have seen some prices for guided hunts however I was wondering if anyone had hunted there and if they could give me an indication on what the total cost would be including trophy mounting and returning the trophy to Australia. Aswell as any extra cost that may not included in the hunt price.

Cheers

clinton miller

Re: Anyone hunted in Canada?

#2 Post by clinton miller » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:22 am

forget about BC. some awesome hunting there, just not allowed to do it without a heavy wallet. all hunting by non residents (that means you as a foreigner and even canadians who don't live in BC) must be done with a guide. draconian laws there in BC. if you get to know someone in alberta they can hunter host you. not sure about the other provinces.
The degree of satisfaction gained from the accomplishment of a goal is directly proportional to the hardships and challenges overcome in order to achieve it.

border black douglas recurve 70# & 58# HEX6-H BB2 limbs
brigalow selfbow with rawhide string

bryan

Re: Anyone hunted in Canada?

#3 Post by bryan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:05 am

Cheers Clint yeah was having a look at some price pretty steep but it is probably a once in a lifetime thing for me so will be trying to give it a crack.