Ultimate in Primitive Hunting?

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

Axefanatic

Ultimate in Primitive Hunting?

#1 Post by Axefanatic » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:41 am

Hard Core Primitive Hunting.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=826HMLoiE_o

Ill keep my bow thanks!
Give a man fire, he'll be warm for a few hours. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Macca

Re: Ultimate in Primitive Hunting?

#2 Post by Macca » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Awesome link, mind over body.

rodlonq

#3 Post by rodlonq » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:41 pm

Thanks Axe, that was enlightening. Them fellas do it hard ey... Imagine how tuff that ol buck would be after a run like that. I bet they dont care about that tho......

Cheers....... Rod

perry

#4 Post by perry » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:05 am

Wonderful Link, thanks for posting it. I remember seeing it some time ago on TV. The Tracking, Bushcraft and Survival Skills exibited by the San are truely awe inspiring. After over 30 years of Hunting I still have little clue on Tracking, Trailing etc and I know better and more experienced Hunters than I who don't have anything like the Range of Skills our Ancestors had either. It takes a Life, an Education in the Wild, not the Modern World. How resiliant and knowlegable these People must be, now days I know people who freak out if Chocolate isn't sprinkled on their Cuppa.

Once upon a time, back in the olden Days I used to Hunt Pigs on the Flood Plains on a property thats now part of Cubby Station in a similar manor, just trot along after them, they generally knocked up a lot quicker than I did. Now days I would not run out of sight on a Dark Night

regards Jacko
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

damo elessar

#5 Post by damo elessar » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:18 pm

yes that is a good video if only the world didnt change in such a hurry and forget all those ways of our fore fathers

Fanto

#6 Post by Fanto » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:25 pm

I liked how much the hunter respected the Kudu

makes me think about the way I respect the quarry
"So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold in the hearts of men" The Witchery of Archery, Maurice Thompson