A bit of fishing.

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

looseplucker

A bit of fishing.

#1 Post by looseplucker » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:45 pm

Here you go blokes. A couple of afternoon's fishing pictures featuring two of my fave fishing and hunting mates, my boy William and Paul - aka Piggy. Special thanks to Paul for putting me onto this spot - and while I got to see some lovely fish - there is nothing so heart stopping as seeing a double figure Murray Cod follow your soft plastic yabbie 4 times - and no matter what you do, no hookup - or seeing a beaut yellowbelly mouth a lure that your young bloke is reeling in and him say "Didja see him Dad?" or Piggy mutter "Sh*t" when a beaut yella has a belt of his lure but no hookup.

Then there is all the fun of when your young bloke goes "I'm snagged" and the snag starts stripping line:
Playing-2.jpg
Playing-2.jpg (107.63 KiB) Viewed 1971 times
That rod, incidentally, is a rebuild of one I got for Xmas when I was William's age. This old fish bucked and dove like the proverbial. I wondered if William had latched onto the cod I'd seen or some massive Yella. He'd been bouncing a fast sinking and loud rattling lure on a very deep bottom and got walloped. Eventually he got the thing surfaced:
Cello.jpg
Cello.jpg (109.42 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
Carp. But a fair size one all the same:
Willcarp.jpg
Willcarp.jpg (97.97 KiB) Viewed 1971 times
It went a tad over 4kilo. Shortly after Paul turned up and we fished hard but only saw one more yell. Interesting that the carp took the lure - it happens - but not often - I've caught them with a celta and flycasting - but an American bass lure?

Next day was a goodie too so I set off and Paul was up for it as well. We went back to the same spot and in short order Paul was muttering as above and not long after that his reel went off. I believe I was drooling over a cod at the time. Anyhow, Paul had just been regaling me about how he never caught anything and his apprentice had been skiting about the fish he'd been catching, but had not managed to sniggle a yellow belly. Well, check this one:
Paul-Yella1.jpg
Paul-Yella1.jpg (85.88 KiB) Viewed 1971 times
Even better:
Paul's Yella2.jpg
Paul's Yella2.jpg (188.7 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
And a picture of himself with the fish:
Paul's Yella3.jpg
Paul's Yella3.jpg (88.38 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
Happy New Year my Colleagues. Straight arras, tight lines and cold beers at the end of the day.

John
Are you well informed or is your news limited?

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Re: A bit of fishing.

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:03 pm

Looks like you fellas had some great fun! :biggrin:

Happy New Year to you too John!!!

Jeff

Gringa Bows

#3 Post by Gringa Bows » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:46 pm

great fish mate :biggrin: :biggrin:

longbow steve

#4 Post by longbow steve » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:35 am

Well done fellas! I wasn't aware that Carp would take a lure. Looks like a great spot. Cheers Steve

bigbob

#5 Post by bigbob » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:42 am

Both great fish! The yellowbelly would be fair eating and the carp make good fertiliser :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

rodlonq

#6 Post by rodlonq » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:05 am

Looks like a fun trip John and it seems William certainly enjoyed himself. Well done mate, that time is irreplacable.

Cheers...... Rod

looseplucker

#7 Post by looseplucker » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:33 pm

Got a piccie of my little girl to post with a lovely yellow eye mullet she got the other weekend.

Took William out after rabbits the other day, I didnt take a bow - happy to guide him. I nearly burst laughing at some of his stalks - but he got in good position a fair bit and to his credit he got in as close as he could and therefore knows and recognised his comfortable shooting range. He had 8 shots for 8 misses - but let me tell you these were close misses - every one he shot a bit high except for the shot that went under the bunny's chin - fletch must have tickled on the way through. :roll:

I'm going to invest in a 3d bunny target I reckon and we can both do some practice.
Are you well informed or is your news limited?