Kimberley part 2

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

Slackshot

Kimberley part 2

#1 Post by Slackshot » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:33 pm

While coming back to camp late one arvo,suddenly everyone yelled out LOOK AT THAT!!! and way over in the distance,low on the horizon and to the west was this very bright ball,probably 100 ks away,and then it exploded into two then those exploded into many.I reckon that if anyone was under that they would have surely heard a loud bang .It was massive.I took a few photos but they are not clear,in this one you can see the aftermarth of the two explosions ,two clouds in the sky
DSCF3063.JPG
DSCF3063.JPG (34.28 KiB) Viewed 2574 times
In this photo is a broken bore, but every thing from miles around comes in and we hunted a few pigs on this but they were hard to get up on and we had no luck but it was worth checking out every time
DSCF3024.JPG
DSCF3024.JPG (121.92 KiB) Viewed 2574 times

Greg was successful again on this open plain boar,you can see what i meant about the other Mick crawling around on that all day,drove me to drink it did
DSCF3030.JPG
DSCF3030.JPG (88.43 KiB) Viewed 2574 times
This was just about our most visited hunting spot, a very large dam that had permanent water and large numbers of pigs and cattle,so we walked in slowly and let the moo cows see us and most of the time they moved off in an orderly fashion,sometimes not and took the pigs too
DSCF3033.JPG
DSCF3033.JPG (96.41 KiB) Viewed 2574 times
All that walking has made me hungry so how about some good ole roast duck and veg,followed by a beverage or three
DSCF3046.JPG
DSCF3046.JPG (79.87 KiB) Viewed 2574 times

Walking along the washouts one arvo Greg and my son nattering away in front of me didnt see this one and im going pssst pssst,so said piggy gets up and Greg nails him eventually
DSCF3068.JPG
DSCF3068.JPG (148.18 KiB) Viewed 2574 times
We went out to the edge of the great sandy desert one day,plenty of sign around but again no luck.Ole mate was just enjoying being out and about and seeing some country that had never seen before,did i say it was hot out there.Thats salt you can see in the background and lots of it
DSCF3048.JPG
DSCF3048.JPG (71.08 KiB) Viewed 2574 times
While we were out that way we descided to go after a scrub bull,we found one standing under a large bush giving himself a dusting. I chickened out mainly because of sore you know whats and you know where and opted to stay on the 4wd and close to the esky.Greg and the other Mic headed off in quick fashion and were soon up on the animal,at this point my video was flat and was too engaged in the stalk to take any photos.You have imagine the grassy plains and not much cover except the bushes were the bull was throwing dust up and goreing the ground etc and then a lone longbow/reflex deflex prototype limb sticking out of the grass,yep Greg and at some distance away Mick calling in the bull.We could see this turning nasty and decided to go in a bit closer and do a rescue as the bull was now very agitated and making not so friendly moves towards Greg who now had moved towards the only large tree around and was looking more like a koala as the minuets ticked by.The bull now decided to circle down wind walking close by Greg and turned around to smell what in the hell was going on.We decided that we go in but a white hand rose from the grass making a flapping motion we took for "no stay".Then the bull made his move walking very close but broadside showing this human the large muscular frame,those wicked set of horns and he was not scared of the stick he was carrying.Gregs turn to show the bull that indeed this stick was something to be afraid of and promptley missed by a mile,but the second found its mark and the bull jumped and dissapeared in the sunset.Greg had used a blunt and we all laughed.
Gregs campsite
DSCF3037.JPG
DSCF3037.JPG (121.48 KiB) Viewed 2574 times
Waiting for the young bloke to bring the 4wd back,in the background you can see the washout we hunted.The floods cover all this area up to about a meter for hundreds of square miles and it must be something to see.The pigs were not in the numbers like last year and the manager reckons the big floods of last wet took most of them away
DSCF3074.JPG
DSCF3074.JPG (106.61 KiB) Viewed 2574 times
Cant wait till next year
Slackshot aka Gary Case

discord

Re: Kimberley part 2

#2 Post by discord » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:40 pm

Looks bloody hot! Think I'll read this again in Winter... Will appreciate it more :biggrin:

Great post, mate
HAIL ERIS!

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Not easy hunting Gary especially in that heat. I'm sure you have reminded Toz about shooting that scubber with the blunt more than a few times huh! :mrgreen: :lol: I am still waiting for him to send his photos up to me so I can resize them etc but maybe he has changed his mind.

Jeff

Slackshot

#4 Post by Slackshot » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Thanks discord :biggrin: Nah Jeff.. Greg is in love :roll: :roll: but i will remind him to send them to you
Slackshot aka Gary Case

hazard

#5 Post by hazard » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:30 pm

BL00DY Brilliant guys

top work great pickies, man it looks hot there!

Hazard
Politics is a game played by dishonest people to gain an unfair advantage!

Never under estimate the strength of a cornered coward.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

http://www.bowmanstaxidermy.com.au

toz

#6 Post by toz » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:51 pm

ahhh! the memories, but I always was going to hit that scrub bull with a blunt as i didnt really want to kill one just to stalk it, much like gaz did with every pig hahaha :oops: it was intense being a few yards from an aggitated scrub bull laying in the grass i felt like a dingo/grasshopper as I was ready to spring into the nearby tree with one giant leap that wouldve made Neil armstrong jealous!!! :lol:

Gringa Bows

#7 Post by Gringa Bows » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:46 pm

Top story,, :biggrin:

rodlonq

#8 Post by rodlonq » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:07 am

A good story Gary and nice photos too.

Cheers...... Rod