Kimberly Part 1

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

Slackshot

Kimberly Part 1

#1 Post by Slackshot » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:02 pm

Where do i start :roll: well at the begining would be good :biggrin: i guess.Well you all know Greg and i are mates so i gave him my seat on the plane so he could look out the window and see what a great country we have passing by and by and by while Greg videoed anything that took his fancy.He was like a kid in a lolly shop.Michael my eldest boy met us at the airport and said we would be off the next day early as it takes about 5hrs to get to the homestead and another 1hr or so depending if we get bogged like last time to the campsite This is us at Willare road house on the way out Mick me and Greg
DSCF3001.JPG
DSCF3001.JPG (121.27 KiB) Viewed 3278 times

After we had some refreshments and i bought this gay stubbie holder,we were of again(gay you ask ,yeah well its got this cowboy bare chested with his pants down a bit,i would say gay).Any how i took this photo abit up the road they look big from a distance but when you get close they aint that big
DSCF3003.JPG
DSCF3003.JPG (56.7 KiB) Viewed 3278 times
So eventually we get to the Homestead and meet the new manager and have a few beers while Greg starts goin on about are we there yet??So we leave as the sun is going down.next morning we are set up and Greg is cooking
DSCF3052.JPG
DSCF3052.JPG (116.94 KiB) Viewed 3278 times

And relaxing
DSCF3013.JPG
DSCF3013.JPG (119.97 KiB) Viewed 3278 times

The next day we were up early and i mean early and driving along i spotted a nice boar in a little water hole beside the road ,we drove by then stopped and old mate bags his first Kimberley ginger
DSCF3014.JPG
DSCF3014.JPG (121.38 KiB) Viewed 3278 times
Greg was seriously crook after chasing that boar down in the heat not being used to those temps and was not right for most of the day.There was some dust that came up from the grass and it made your throat funny and i think it had something to do with it also, you can see in this photo he is not well
DSCF3015.JPG
DSCF3015.JPG (118.89 KiB) Viewed 3278 times
Any hoo you cant have a huntin trip without the sunset photo can ya,so its setting somewhere over Broome way
DSCF3016.JPG
DSCF3016.JPG (36.94 KiB) Viewed 3278 times
Nice Hey!!!!So back to the huntin...yet another photo of Greg looking chuffed and he was after his getting another Boar
DSCF3030.JPG
DSCF3030.JPG (88.43 KiB) Viewed 3278 times
One could be askin you would note that there is NO photos of me with a dead anything at this stage...Mainly because i was taking aaall of the photos and VIDeos :surprised:
Just to prove i was there here is a photo,,you will notice the camo legs not to be confused with the bright shirt somebody else on this site wears.. To be continued
Attachments
DSCF3020.JPG
DSCF3020.JPG (83.08 KiB) Viewed 3278 times
DSCF3010.JPG
DSCF3010.JPG (125.01 KiB) Viewed 3278 times
Slackshot aka Gary Case

bigbob

Re: Kimberly Part 1

#2 Post by bigbob » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:13 pm

Keep 'em coming! 8) 8)
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

Keith Lee

#3 Post by Keith Lee » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:53 am

Well done guys looks like uers were having a good time.

Benny Nganabbarru

#4 Post by Benny Nganabbarru » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:28 am

Awesome!
It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder,
It's the forests where silence has lease;
It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder,
It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:34 pm

Great stuff Gary and good to see Toz smack a couple. You blokes seem to take on a rather flushed complexion over their. :mrgreen:
Slackshot wrote:Just to prove i was there here is a photo,,you will notice the camo legs not to be confused with the bright shirt somebody else on this site wears.
There ain't no bright shirts that look as bad as those camo legs of yours mate! :shock: :lol:

Jeff

hazard

#6 Post by hazard » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:42 pm

Absolutely awesome!! great stuff.

Is Greg's bow one I have seen from a build along, it looks familiar?

Hazard
Politics is a game played by dishonest people to gain an unfair advantage!

Never under estimate the strength of a cornered coward.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

http://www.bowmanstaxidermy.com.au

Slackshot

#7 Post by Slackshot » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:02 pm

Hazard,,yep those are the two bows we made for the trip.Gregs turned out at around 55lbs and mine around 53lbs .We walked along and stump shot at any cow poo and green leaf that we would call ,i had some great shots and flogged Greg but when it came to bagging some pigs i could not shoot the broadside of a barn with a bucket of wheat and as i said in the previous post video to prove it :oops: :oops: .Notice the size of those pigs heads,man they are big.
Ahoy Jeff, i was pretty ok but old mate was a bit flushed :!: I never intenderd to wear shorts at all over there as those BIG brown snakes get the heart pumping and i was lolled into denial until we were walking through some longish grass and i looked down and seen a fresh skin at my feet and then a very large brown shape goin down a large crack,,,,but a did see a large black head attached to it before it disappeared PHEW black headed python...MEDIC.calm down esky not far to go
Slackshot aka Gary Case

hazard

#8 Post by hazard » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:13 pm

Slackshot wrote:Hazard,,yep those are the two bows we made for the trip.Gregs turned out at around 55lbs and mine around 53lbs .
They look like they are an awesome bit of kit, nothing better than taking game with all your own home made gear! I gotta do that one day :roll:

Top Stuff keep it coming.

Hazard
Politics is a game played by dishonest people to gain an unfair advantage!

Never under estimate the strength of a cornered coward.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

http://www.bowmanstaxidermy.com.au

toz

#9 Post by toz » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:18 pm

aha the story unfolds so far accurate to a degree.I was musing over the fact that Gaz bought two "gay stubbie coolers" and thought that they were 'nice" :surprised: until we pointed out the obvious!! (to us) and the reason that he was taking the photos,,... obvious also! :roll: and yes I must admit that he hit every piece of cow dung and inanimate object he aimed at, now I'm not saying that he couldnt hit a pig with a handful of rice.He just chose not to, , ,I think? :oops: hehehehe! any way he has a chance to redeem himself in two weeks when we head out west for a bit of r an r at our favourite camp spot.

rodlonq

#10 Post by rodlonq » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:32 pm

Some great boars there Gary, and on home brew tackle too. It just doesn't get any better than that, well done.

Cheers..... Rod

Gringa Bows

#11 Post by Gringa Bows » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Good pigs mate,any more pics ??

Guy Layton

#12 Post by Guy Layton » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:08 pm

Cracker animals guys...! 8)

I love to be eating whats cooking on the BBQ...!

The spoils of hunting...! :wink:

Cheers Guy
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is no where as important as being able to place it in the correct spot....!