A short walk

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

looseplucker

A short walk

#1 Post by looseplucker » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:38 pm

Well it was a fun week which began and ended with catching up with Ozbow mates. First up was Dennis whom I have pestered over the years and thanks to him and others like Jeff and Greybeard and Yeoman I managed to make a shooter or two. That haven't broken yet either. Anyhow Dennis and I met up at Benalla and yarned about bows and he'd brought his along and they are beauties. We traded a bit of timber too - and I got to thinking - how long has this been going on around the world?

Anyhow I had a coule of family commitments through the week but got up to see Paul (Piggy) who very graciously guided me around a place to which he has access. Didn't take a bow himself but a video camera - and if anything shows up on funniest home videos.......well - there was this one bit where I could have sworn blind (that being the operative word) that a nice big fat bunny was about 25m off with his back to me. So I commence stalking in. Sticking out like the proverbials on a junk yard dog. I think I was being filmed......stalking what ended up being a curled over piece of bracken fern that looked exactly like a big fat bunny with its back to me. Embarrassed? Moi? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Anyhow - thanks to Piggy for the walk and the company. Very much appreciated mate. Learned a lot more about what to look for and hopefully after I get my eyes tested I can tell the difference between bracken and bunnies...... :roll:

Still I did manage to teach my boy and one of his cousins how to sharpen broad heads and make a bowstring so the week wasn't wasted. And, as I had my electric drill for the purpose of making the bowstring my mother in law decided it was a good time for new curtains....so the drill would be useful. Shame I didn't take any bits with me. They soon fixed that and I have a full set of new bits!!
Are you well informed or is your news limited?

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Re: A short walk

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:10 pm

It sounds like a fun week indeed except for the hanging of the curtains bit. :lol:

Jeff

looseplucker

#3 Post by looseplucker » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:24 pm

Well actually Digger, having made a lot of kindling in my quest to make bows I have learned the value of measure twice cut (or drill) once! 3 sets of curtains up in quick time - and lo! there were studs behind the plasterboard!! There was great rejoicing.
Are you well informed or is your news limited?

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:28 pm

looseplucker wrote:and lo! there were studs behind the plasterboard!! There was great rejoicing.
That was good!!! :lol:

Jeff

Gringa Bows

#5 Post by Gringa Bows » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:10 am

:lol:

JoeLethbridge

#6 Post by JoeLethbridge » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:54 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: