A Gringa's Day oput.... The Jigsaw Bow

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

Brett Finger

A Gringa's Day oput.... The Jigsaw Bow

#1 Post by Brett Finger » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:10 pm

G'Day,
this will be short and sweet fro the moment, to tired to think....

went down to a mates place to look for some goats, found a heap, and had a lot of chances to take a number of smaller goats but opted not to,as i i was only chaseing a decent rack.

first afternoon i sat on 5 really good billys up in some rocks in the rain, but the light / weather and fact im as stealthy as a Squatch, keep me at 15m with the only option for the shot being a frount on chest shot on a good billy, i didint take it as i wanted the one deside him, that was impresive to say the least...

i sat on these guys waiting for the shot to persent itself but it did not, the temptation to just have a crack was great,but i held off waiting till it just was to dark / wet and cold to hang in any longer, i backed out and returned to the truck...

yesterday morning once again seen myself and eldest son - Brae with " Gringa's" strung and arras sharp heading into a easily accessiable granit belt on 3 good billys, best would have had an easy 30" spread... of corse i didnt take a damm pic of these as adrenlin was up and the game was afoot.....

long story short to this,,, see us 20m and closeing on these 3 rascals when out of the rocks beside us wanders a lamb and its mother,she of corse sees us when she about to walk into the big green shrub holding a bow, has a minor hearty and bolts off straight into the 3 Billoys and blows the show !!

of corse we haveing a ball regardless of the outcome, stalking around thew ridge scareing the crap oput of everything we can stalk on after the billys done the bolt.. hehehe :lol: :lol:

of corse, as it always does... time had run out and we packed to leave to come home this morning,asll the gear is packed away and down onto the flat near our camp trots a good mob of goats wiht a nice brown billy in charge, armed with only the camera off we set to grab some pics, needles to say we nice and close without a Gringa in sight of corse !!

so ill be returning to take the trophy as my mate told me the mob lives in this particuler section of rocks and flats,and he sees this big fella daily.....

it of corse is not always about the takeing of Game ( altough it always a bonus ! ) WE had a great time with mates, and took a good number of pigs with the dogs over the coule days,so all in all a winner, i have been trying to get down to this place for ages, my mate keeps ringin me,telling me to come down and get a big goat... at least i knw ther there now !!

Bretto...

Ps, i have tried Numerous times to re-size photos i have, but my brain is fried, i cannot for the life of me manage to get it achieved, at least not toninght !! arghhhhhhhh :oops:
So long as the new Moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow , so long will the fasicnation of Archery keep hold of the hearts of Men
Foundation member - East Coast TRAD Bowhunters - E.C.T.B - we are smoke, we are rumor
NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Re: A Gringa's Day oput.... The Jigsaw Bow

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Good to hear ya took the bows for a walk Brett. You should do it more often. :biggrin:

Jeff

Bent Stick

#3 Post by Bent Stick » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:34 pm

Nice one mate, hopefully the next trip will have some pics of a Big Rack
If your not having fun, your doing it for all the wrong reasons

blu-dog

#4 Post by blu-dog » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:36 pm

Looking forward to the photos Bretto...
The best trophies I can hope to acquire as a husband, father, friend or hunter are MEMORIES!
They will travel with me wherever life's path leads...

Brett Finger

#5 Post by Brett Finger » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm

:biggrin:

ok, ive had coffee and a quick shower, thinking a little clearer now...

yes, Blu, i have got the Bug badly again, plane to head back south in the next 3 weeks !!
Bretto
Attachments
028.JPG
028.JPG (132.69 KiB) Viewed 3004 times
025.JPG
025.JPG (163.57 KiB) Viewed 3004 times
022.JPG
022.JPG (170.63 KiB) Viewed 3004 times
023.JPG
023.JPG (148.48 KiB) Viewed 3004 times
001.JPG
001.JPG (110.51 KiB) Viewed 3004 times
So long as the new Moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow , so long will the fasicnation of Archery keep hold of the hearts of Men
Foundation member - East Coast TRAD Bowhunters - E.C.T.B - we are smoke, we are rumor
NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him

Brett Finger

#6 Post by Brett Finger » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:50 pm

:biggrin:
Attachments
019.JPG
019.JPG (118.44 KiB) Viewed 3003 times
015.JPG
015.JPG (121.21 KiB) Viewed 3003 times
013.JPG
013.JPG (108.65 KiB) Viewed 3003 times
002.JPG
002.JPG (115.19 KiB) Viewed 3003 times

Brett Finger

#7 Post by Brett Finger » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:19 pm

Stickbow Hunter wrote:Good to hear ya took the bows for a walk Brett. You should do it more often. :biggrin:

Jeff
Skipper,
i will indded be doing a LOT more hunting fomr now on i promise...

got the bug again as i was hopeing to do,sp its back to the stick and string again for a while at least, i may... even build a practise butt!

Bretto... :biggrin:

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#8 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:25 pm

Excellent photos Brett. It sure looks a very interesting place to hunt. All the best with your future hunts there.

Jeff

Brett Finger

#9 Post by Brett Finger » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:53 am

Thanks Mate,
number one Proity now is to get fitness levels up, lose weight so i can go fauther into the rocks and PRACTICE ! hehehehe....
Bretto,,, :biggrin:

Ps, i do NOT regreat my decission to blood the bow on a smaller goat, some u could have cracked across the mellon with the bow thay where that close, i stand by me decission to wait... :biggrin:

bigbob

#10 Post by bigbob » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am

Great shots , looking forward to more when you go out again!
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

Gringa Bows

#11 Post by Gringa Bows » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:32 am

nice billy in the pic ,you should have had a go at the little goats too mate,the way you shoot they were pretty safe :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brett Finger

#12 Post by Brett Finger » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:37 am

hehehe, there is that i suppose, the billys i sat on in the rain Sat where crackers, a LOT bigger than that one in the pic, altough, im 100% hunting him first up next trip! LOL..
Bretto... :biggrin: