Fitzroy WA

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

Slackshot

Fitzroy WA

#1 Post by Slackshot » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:02 pm

Well we are back and what a trip that was 40/50 pigs taken.We have so much photo and video footage that it is going to take a while to sort them and write a bit of a yarn.Greg never fished for Barra before and caught 5/6,,Greg managed to get a ride in a helicopter from the property next door :roll: and footage was taken of me missing a pig not once but 3 times at i reckon 200 mtrs but it turns out on video less than 15mtrs how imbarassing :oops: is that,nice clear footage too.One hylight was a meteor exploding in the distance into two large pieces and leaving two very visable clouds in the sky.That would have caused a large sonic boom or an explosion directly beneath.Look for an articule in the next Bowhunter mag (i think) by Michael (?) name excapes me.A compound and longbow shooter.This guy was REAL keen,up before daylight and crawling around out on the plains on his belly till hunger and lack of water drove him back(high 30,s) and wacking quite a few boars to boot.Wanted me to go with him but you know i didnt want to show the young fella up did i :neutral: and besides plenty of pigs without dehydrating out there as the esky didnt have wheels and i could have lost it.So it will be a while but the photos are coming.
Slackshot aka Gary Case

bigbob

Re: Fitzroy WA

#2 Post by bigbob » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Wow , wow and more wows cant wait for the write up and pics. That meteor would be a one of a kind chance that most of us will never experience as well 8) 8) :smile:
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:39 pm

Good to hear you are back safe and that you got amongst the pigs. :biggrin: How many arras has Toz got left? :lol: I look forward to the tales and some photos. :biggrin:

Jeff

toz

#4 Post by toz » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:56 pm

"48 weeks to go" that's what I'm thinking,!!! until we head back next year.it was a great trip with a few lessons to improve on for next year.well the arrow situation is that I lost or broke about 10 arrows and a few heads as well but not too bad for the quality boars we were hunting.the trend was set on the 1st boar on the 1st hunt when a about 100kg fella turned on me after a couple of arrows had upset him!! I didnt venture too far from a climbable tree whilst trying to finish him. Good news for the new bows we made was that MINE worked very well with 9 of my 13 falling to it.the other 4 to my trusty recurve.plans are afoot for next years model already with the addition of some carbon fibre up the core? more to come...

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:28 pm

Sounds like ya had a lot of fun mate. :biggrin:
toz wrote:more to come...
I'm lookin' forward to it! :mrgreen:

Jeff

Nutgrass

#6 Post by Nutgrass » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:41 am

Stickbow Hunter wrote:Sounds like ya had a lot of fun mate. :biggrin:
toz wrote:more to come...
I'm lookin' forward to it! :mrgreen:

Jeff
So am I :!: :!: :!: :!:
RABBITS (karen) wrote:NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him.
Shooters get to 50m to shoot, but only a hunter gets inside 20m to hunt.