The trip to Cunnamulla September 2012

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

Nutgrass

The trip to Cunnamulla September 2012

#1 Post by Nutgrass » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:24 pm

Well lets start with how happy I was to be invited on this trip & how even happier I was to actually make it on this trip. I have been very busy of late & when we packed the car & left, I have 10 arrows to hunt with & basically next to no practice for the previous six weeks. If we weren't taking my car, I probably would have pulled out of the trip, that's the sort of preparation I had leading up to this one. So thanks to Jeff, Rod & Nephew for your patience & assistance once we arrived out there. A special thanks to Jeff for making me a new string & assembling my arrows for me.
Apparently it was easier & less painful for him to do it, than to watch me. You know what, he was right ! I certainly found it much easier watching him assemble them ... :lol:

Monday 3rd September was D day, we departed Maryborough & started our travels towards Cunnamulla. A pit stop in Dalby seen Nephew climb aboard & it was on the road again. Plenty of dribble inside the car, a quick stop outside St George for some roadwork's & a few push ups to give the boys a laugh. Before we knew it, it had got dark & we were playing dodge the roo on the way into the property. Well I knew we were staying in some sort of quarters, but I guess I didn't know what to expect, but to say I was shocked that it was a fully functioning house with electricity with all the mod cons would be an understatement.
Jeff & Nephew met up with the property manager while Rod & cooked dinner, when they returned with a map of the freshly graded roads on the property, I was thinking this is way too easy.
We soon settled in had a feed & prepared bows, arrows, packs & cameras, ready for the adventure ahead that was going to be THE TRIP TO CUNNAMULLA 2012.

Tuesday 4th September. The first day of hunting.
A bit of recon to relate the map to the roads, this was time well spent, it made getting around the property very easy for the rest of the trip.
Rod got the drop on some goats we had spotted on a lake we stumbled on to. Spilling first blood with a nice young meat goat destined for the camp oven later in the week.

The Lake

The Big Fella and his meat goat
Rod's Meat Goat.jpg
Rod's Meat Goat.jpg (144.43 KiB) Viewed 7094 times
The Big fella skinning out.

After a trip to the north west corner, with one boar being ever so lucky, tormenting both Myself & then Nephew, but just staying out of reach on the wrong side of the fence, it was getting late & with only enough time for a walk across a dry swamp that Jeff said was only 1km long, Jeff & I set out for a look. Nephew & Rod would pick us up at the other end. Well some 2km into this 1 km walk I get a signal from Jeff who is 100m to my right to stop, he has obviously spotted something, I watch him sneak in only to lose him behind the bush's. I then here a hit pig & then see a signal from Jeff to come over.
A sensational shot with the Gringa longbow that Rod had made Jeff left this poor conditioned sow down & out very quickly. Jeff was happy, I was happy, so with the photos all said & done we continued on to see how much more of this swamp there was before we reached the car in the failing light.
My 1st Sow.jpg
My 1st Sow.jpg (223.62 KiB) Viewed 7094 times
1 km my right foot, 2.4 km I think it was from memory :lol:

Wednesday 5th September. Found us heading to the north east end of the property for more of a look around, we tripped over some rare mobile service, so everyone took advantage & checked in at home.
We spotted a couple of Wedge tail eagles take flight from near the track. Turned out to be a young billy in the bush's they were frightening to death. Rod finished off the little billy that was being attacked by the wedge tail eagles before we continued on.
Ran into Ross (the property manager), he told us how the cattle were keeping goats off the water near the trough in the north east corner.
Nephew & I both had long stalks around the water, but with no results we once again returned to the car with our pride a little shaken.
Back to house for lunch& a rest.

I was keen for a walk so I had nephew dropped me down to a bore drain east of the homestead, while Rod had a similar idea, heading west on another bore drain.
Turned out to be a good plan, Rod seen some good pigs & I shot a nice sow on the boar drain with the Gringa Mistress.

On the walk back to the house, I was enjoying the view, had a nice little photo shoot with this nice fella.

I spotted a couple of Billy's feeding out in the paddock a few hundred meters ahead. I stayed low & worked my way towards them, covering the last 50 or so meters on my belly. I popped up with about 10 meters to go & they were gone..... I thought damn, that's unlucky, then they bleated to my right, no further than about 8 or 9 meters. I steadily rose to my knees as they had their heads down, came to full draw & burnt a hole on the spot I wanted to hit & released. Well he wouldn't have travelled five meters before coming to rest. Well what an afternoon, 1 sow & a Billy to the mighty Gringa Mistress.

A few more pics & I returned to camp feeling good, keeping a low profile I showed the boys the camera with my pics to find out I had downed a couple. Great to see their faces as they come onto the pics.
RABBITS (karen) wrote:NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him.
Shooters get to 50m to shoot, but only a hunter gets inside 20m to hunt.

Nutgrass

Re: oi ! where are the pics you Cunnamulla lads ?

#2 Post by Nutgrass » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:26 pm

Thursday 6th September seen us break camp early, heading down the western boundary in search of more ferals. A mob of goats were spotted which seen nephew quickly dispatched :lol: (Nephew doesn't dispatch quickly)

At full draw

The arrow has just left the shelf & is on its way

The mob Rallied around the down Nanny, but it was all in vein, after a long stalk to get his first kill for the trip, christening the Gringa Milestone longbow on a nice size nanny with me in tow with the camera. Nephew brought it all together for this stalk, he showed great stalking skills & some enormous patience to pull this off. Very proud of you mate.

We were going to take her meat, but on a close inspection it looked like she had been attacked as her rump & rear legs were in a bad way. Maybe dogs ?

Next on the list to visit was a spot called the small lake which turned up nothing before making our way to the twin tanks where Rod had a chance on a nice billy, but it wasn't to be.

So close, yet so far ........

We had late lunch & headed for a spot Jeff calls the "honey hole" where we split into pairs.
Jeff & I headed west, where Jeff shot a feral sheep as the owner instructed if we seen them to let loose. They were in a bad way, I have no idea how they were surviving, their wool was just about dragging on the ground it was that long, it covered their eyes.
Jeff unleashed a great shot from about 13 metres & with a quick follow up shot had her down & out.
My Feral Sheep 4.jpg
My Feral Sheep 4.jpg (258.93 KiB) Viewed 7065 times
Not long after leaving Jeff's downed sheep, we spotted some goats with a nice billy leading the mob.
After offering the stalk to Jeff, he insisted I should go in. After a patient wait for them to feed to us,

I decided to try my luck in the trees closing the gap to 10 meters I waited for the shot. I knew straight away I had just topped my recently set PB. So with a quick follow up shot, I secured my best billy to date (Later measuring 105 3/8 dp), In the process blooding the "Stikbow" "Samber stick".
I was as happy as could be.

But we didn't have long to celebrate with more goats moving down toward us while we were photographing my kill.
Jeff not needing a 2nd invitation knocking an arrow & just waiting for them to walk in, nailing a nice horned white billy.

The rest of the mob didn't go far either, but we left them be as they wandered out onto the clay pan, after all, we were down here to hunt pigs !

Continuing on seeing plenty of pigs but just not getting the drop on them.

We soon met up with the boys to find out they both had taken a boar each. (But I will let them fill in the details of the stalks & post the photo) (Mainly because I don't have them ... lol)
Rod's Small Boar.jpg
Rod's Small Boar.jpg (233.63 KiB) Viewed 7089 times
Craig's Boar 1.jpg
Craig's Boar 1.jpg (288.15 KiB) Viewed 7089 times
Craig's Boar 2.jpg
Craig's Boar 2.jpg (253.15 KiB) Viewed 7089 times
We headed back for the car, Rod & nephew arrived a short time later telling us there was a boar feeding around the edge of the water & I should go have a go (thinking I had no chance in the failing light) I didn't muck about, on arrival finding the boar on the far side of the water. After sneaking across the clay flat & through the water in a hurry so I could cut off 15 or so goats heading in the direction I needed to go, I was now on the same side of the water hole & about 50 meters away.
I quickly closed that gap to 3 or 4 Meters, waiting for him to turn as he had his bum facing me. Then he turned, tight quartering away & that was all I needed, bringing him down within 2 metres of being shot with1 arrow from my "Stikbow" " Samber stick".
Jeff who had tagged along to watch proceedings helped me drag him back to the truck for photos (complaining the whole way about the pigs odour) & jaw removal, much to Rod & Nephews disgust. Comments like, we only told you about it as we didn't think there was a hope in hell of anyone getting near it.
We soon discovered why he stunk so bad. He had a broken jaw, a tongue full off maggots & infection from a misguided bullet some time earlier. When I lifted his head for a photo, his jaw just hung down. His tongue was about 3 inches thick it was swollen that bad. I had sure done this bloke a favour, he was already in poor nick & he was going to die a very slow & painful death.

A late arrival back in camp & I think everyone was knackered, a quick feed & the snores were soon echoing through the house !!!!

Friday 7th September. A planned lay day for me, with rod & nephew heading on the west boar drain in the morning. By all accounts Rod lucking out on a very nice boar.
Rod & I then went & hit the east bore drain after lunch. A few pigs seen, I got a small sow with the red belly black stick.
I thought this sow had expired as she had lied there motionless for quite some time. As I was casually walking up to her, she sprung back to life, scaring the crap out of me, she was chomping & grunting. I quickly slipped another arrow through her & the job was done. Sheeeesh that was close.

I had a stalk on a very nice sized boar, but the sheep spooked him as I was about 30 meters from him. Geez he was a big pig !
With nothing left to see in the failing light, Rod & I reunited, returning to car & headed for camp.

Saturday 8th September a chilly 3.6 degree start to the day. We headed to a different station looking for more pigs today.
On the South side of the homestead seen us in pairs again. Jeff & I headed towards a group of 3 water holes. Jeff had a shot a nice boar, I got a great photo of the shot, but unfortunately the shot went astray & everything scattered.
I wasn't going to mention this, but it was too good a photo to leave out ! Sorry Jeff.

Further on we spooked a nice boar from his bed as we were looking for the water hole. It was over & done way too fast for any shot to be offered.
Around the next water hole scene Jeff on one side & me on the other. I spooked another nice boar out of its bed again with no shot on offer.
After a radio call from the boys on the sensational Garmin Rhino's as planned, we started to return to the car, with Jeff having a great time at 3 metres from a nice boar. We just couldn't get the happy ending we were after, he had no idea Jeff was there, but Jeff just couldn't get a clear shot before the wind gave him up. It was a sight to see though !
Rod got a small sow while he & nephew where working a different area south of the homestead. Once again, hopefully the boys can chime in with details of their stalks & some photos.
Rod's Pig.jpg
Rod's Pig.jpg (287.66 KiB) Viewed 7089 times
We settled in for an entertaining lunch under a tree with an introduction into the foul taste of promite. We continued north east of the homestead into the subsidiaries of the main creek.
Jeff had a great chance on a mob of big sows. Taking a nice size sow with 1 arrow.
My 2nd Sow 1.jpg
My 2nd Sow 1.jpg (295.85 KiB) Viewed 7089 times
My 2nd Sow 2.jpg
My 2nd Sow 2.jpg (283.63 KiB) Viewed 7089 times
No other chances really offered up for us for the rest of the day. Somehow Nephew ended up in the driver's seat drove home. Scaring the crap out of everybody, something about driving into the sun blind, while we left nail marks in head rests, dash boards & occasionally stuck our heads between our legs bracing for impact ! But he got us there, lets just say with about an extra 10 years of aging :lol:
RABBITS (karen) wrote:NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him.

Nutgrass

#3 Post by Nutgrass » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:28 pm

Sunday 9th September scene us up late & lazing about with Jeff taking photos of the cheap cheap finches.
Zebra Finches.jpg
Zebra Finches.jpg (167.81 KiB) Viewed 7086 times
Rod & I went to the bore drain east of the homestead.
We come across some goats, but after a good once over, we let them be.

We soon spotted a couple of small boars feeding through a swampy area, Rod set off with me following with the canon in hand. It wasn't long & rod was in nice & close & I wasn't far behind, Rod lifted the bow & I lifted the canon. Rod came to full draw & I dropped the shutter finger, although missing the arrow in flight.

At full draw

The big fella with his fallen game

Further up the drain I had a stalk on a mob with 3 nice sows & a nice sleeping boar. I had a sow at 3 meters but I was fixated on the big spotted sow or the sleeping boar. I couldn't get passed this scrawny sow so close to me so I could get to the boar before the wind was up to its old tricks & sent them on their way.
We got back to camp, loaded up & headed for the "Honey Hole" again. Which had everyone in high spirits.
Jeff & I went looking for pigs, while Big Rod & nephew headed off looking for the goats.
Jeff had a I had a few stalks, but for whatever reason, nothing was coming our way.
I followed a boar up the hill before he disappeared into the thick stuff. So I held up under some trees, enjoying the shade when I spotted a scrappy looking boar heading down a pad to feed.
A quick 100m duck walk had me in at 15 meters, with the boar stopping to feed behind a tree I closed the gap to under 10. While he had his head down & turning back to feed under the tree I drew back & let one of my home made Tulip oak shafts tipped with a 190 grain ribtek go from the Red Belly Black Stick hitting the boar with a cracking shot. The old boar didn't run 15m before pilling up. After a few deep breaths I wandered over to have a look & was very excited to see him sporting a nice set of hooks.( They later measured 27 dp neat which beat my previous PB of 26 4/8.) How good was this trip turning out, a new pb goat & now a new pb boar for me.

After a regroup with the boys, Rod & I headed back to look for goats, we spotted a great boar feeding on Jeff's dead sheep, but with the swirling wind Rod didn't have much of a chance.

Rod had a stalk on a nice billy, but once again the wind was tough sending 150+ goats into a frenzy, they literally run out of sight !

The big fella trying to close the cap in the failing light.

The sun sets on another great day.

I like this photo, the setting sun just kisses everything it touches & created a sensational image for my liking !

Nutgrass

#4 Post by Nutgrass » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:30 pm

Monday 10th September.
Lay day again today for me, I decided on a none hunting day so I could cook the boys a camp oven dinner tonight. While I was at it I thought I might boil the tusks & horns we had so far out.
But before I could, I had to patch up the old Copper so it would hold some water.

In they went
As mentioned, My big set of tusks went 27 dp, & my goat horns went 105 & 3/8". Very happy indeed :-)

A motley crew indeed.

With Rod & Jeff off hunting it was up to nephew & I to do dinner. I had the camp ovens on the coals pre-Heating them & by the 4:30

We had the roast pork in one oven a & one of Rod's goat legs & back straps in the other. Without parental supervision, Nephew & I got relaxed & the Coldy's just kept on sliding down.
By the time the boys got back empty handed we were well on our way to having a good time & dinner was smelling great !

We sat around the fire exchanging yarns before heading inside to devour a sensational meal !

Gary, Rod & Missa Wong enjoying the feed.
Roast Meal 1.jpg
Roast Meal 1.jpg (188.97 KiB) Viewed 7080 times
Now this is what ya call a good feed!
Roast Meal 2.jpg
Roast Meal 2.jpg (173.12 KiB) Viewed 7080 times
Everybody was happy & full as could be, so we refreshed our drinks & headed back to the camp fire where a good time was had by all. Rod snuck off to bed early, but I wasn't far behind disappearing from the fire much to Jeff's disgust to sneak into bed as well.

Tuesday 11th September.
Jeff gave me hell about sneaking off from the fire before it hit home, this was to be our last hunting day before we head for home tomorrow. A bit of a tidy up early on& then Rod was off towards the west bore drain & I was bound for what has been a good spot, the east bore drain. Unfortunately after our frequent visits in the past week, we both sore next to nicks & returned to camp for a nanny nap & lunch before heading out for our last hurrah for Cunnamulla 2012.
A top stop off at one of the old sheering sheds.

Another stop via a wet cane grass swamp had Rod & I picking through a couple of hundred kids & nannies looking for a billy. With no luck me all met back at the truck & headed for the much loved "honey hole".
On arrival nephew & Jeff decided to head north, Rod worked his way south along the bore drain while I went south through the thick stuff. I had a stalk on 3 billies but let them be. Continuing on to the organized meeting point with Rod. We Held up in some cool shade looking for pigs heading out to feed. Rod soon seen a couple & went in to try his luck, the wind swirled & spooked a couple of small pigs towards me.
A short time later I was in an ambush waiting, it didn't take long & I had a small boar on the ground. A few pics & his jaw removed while Rod was off stalking up the fence line.

A short while later I spotted a couple of nice boars feeding not far from me. I made my way over but as luck would have it, at 25m the ever so fickle breeze swirled & this nice boar launched out of the mud & headed away from me. I turned to see an even larger mud encrusted boar some 30 odd meters away & grazing towards me. I crawled into an inconspicuous position & waited for him to come closer, 25m, 20m, 15m, 10m. I was now shaking like a leaf & doing my best clump of galvanized thistle impersonation. This was no ordinary boar, this was the sort of boar you dream about. Big (I estimate 80+kg), hairy, healthy, covered in thick, dry crusty mud & ivory an elephant would be proud of.
But when his head went behind a clump of frost killed grass, it all just happened like we hope it should. I rose to my knees, I drew the string of the Gringa Red Belly Black to my mouth, he slowly wondered forward into the open, I picked my spot like I have never picked a pot before. Then it happened, I released my Oregon timber arrow tipped with a 190 grain ribtek.
It flew so straight & so true out of the Gringa Red Belly Black Stick. Splitting the very blob of mud I was starring at ! Brining this very chunky boar to rest in a matter of moments. I was stoked, he was the biggest physical sized pig I have ever shot, he was the sort of pig you see in magazines. Not to mention that nice set of ivory hanging from his mouth to boot. (Later measuring a whopping 28 6/8)
Lots of photos & handshakes with big Rod, you couldn't wipe the smile from my face. This had been one of the most successful hunts I had ever been on. I pb'ed my goat, pb'ed my pig & then pb'ed it again, I was in heaven. :lol:

Returning to the car, I took 5 in the shade reflecting back on what a cracking trip I have had.
Rod put in one last walk to see what he could turn up. And wasn't it worth that extra effort, nailing himself a solid white billy with a respectable set of horns. His first billy taken with a recurve & one of his very own Gringa recurve prototypes.

After photos & capping we returned to find Jeff & nephew waiting for us.

Nephew had landed himself a nice white nanny to close his tally for the hunt. (Again, details from this stalk to come)
Craig's 2nd Goat.jpg
Craig's 2nd Goat.jpg (286.15 KiB) Viewed 7080 times
But what a trip it had been, a big effort & a great time. Cunnamulla 2012 is a trip I will be bragging about for years to come. A huge thanks to Jeff for inviting me on his annual pilgrimage. Thanks to Jeff & Jude for organizing all our supplies for the trip. Thanks to Jeff, Rod & Nephew for a great time. Huge thanks to the property owners.
And of course a huge thanks to our families for cutting us loose for 10 days !

blu-dog

#5 Post by blu-dog » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:47 pm

Ahhh - thanks Nutgrass - I needed that...you have quenched my thirst for a hunting fix for a little while longer! What a fantastic sounding trip, thanks for sharing the photos and story with us!!!
The best trophies I can hope to acquire as a husband, father, friend or hunter are MEMORIES!
They will travel with me wherever life's path leads...

Benny Nganabbarru

#6 Post by Benny Nganabbarru » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:17 pm

Top job!
It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder,
It's the forests where silence has lease;
It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder,
It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

Curvemeister

#7 Post by Curvemeister » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:19 pm

Top stuff lads , congrats , looked a top time away .
Athens Accomplice 34 70#
Assenheimer T/D recurve 64" 65#@28
Internature Hunter T/D recurve 58" 60#@28
Bear Tigercat recurve 56" 58#@28
York Cadet recurve 62" 20#@28 ( first ever bow 1984)

wal

#8 Post by wal » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:14 am

Cool gents , looks like a ball of a trip, great pics but ........................................my favourite is probably not a hunting one , love the black and white of the old timber pens and race.

Cheers

wishsong

Re: The trip to Cunnamulla September 2012

#9 Post by wishsong » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:44 pm

great job lads and a story well told eh !

Them Gringa's certainly seem to be doing okay .....

Thanks heaps for posting such great pics ... I also may need to look into a certain bowyers 50 Style recurve that just looks dandy !

prasamaccus

#10 Post by prasamaccus » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:49 pm

Great pics and story, congrats.

Paul
"These new arrows are useless they keep going where I'm aiming instead of where they are supposed to go"

bigbob

#11 Post by bigbob » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:24 pm

Very envious guys great stuff, lovely hooks there too Nutgrass.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

Nephew

#12 Post by Nephew » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:26 pm

Yep! That about wraps it up, Nuts! :biggrin: You should have seen 'Ol Nuts, fellas, he was on bloody fire that week! I confess to a certain amount of envy, it's hard not to be envious when a boar like the last one does everything but run up and jump on your arrow!! :razz: :lol:
Nah, He certainly earned his kills ,that's for sure. I think I'm safe in proclaiming it a top time for all of us. Even the driving out was novel, with the floor-show we got at every set of roadworks and whatnot.
Thanks a ton for inviting me again, Jeff. I'll remember these trips for the rest of my life I reckon.
Once I get a copy of the pics I'll post some up, but here's a couple Jeff emailed to me for now...

Sometimes even boar drains can be pretty...
IMG_2471.jpg
IMG_2471.jpg (196.65 KiB) Viewed 7121 times
... and this is the head of the same drain...
IMG_2476.jpg
IMG_2476.jpg (195.85 KiB) Viewed 7121 times
. I never found out who this bloke is, but he caused a big ruckus turning up naked faced! What, no beard?!...
IMG_2421.jpg
IMG_2421.jpg (199.51 KiB) Viewed 7121 times
and the same goose with a nanny he got on the last day...
IMG_2483.jpg
IMG_2483.jpg (196.99 KiB) Viewed 7121 times
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

longbow steve

#13 Post by longbow steve » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:15 pm

Great read guys! Congrats on the game taken.
Looks like a great place to be.
Love the pink shirts :lol: . Steve

bear74

#14 Post by bear74 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:23 pm

great write up and story :geek: , looks like a fantastic trip by all. you fellas are a true inspiration to all that bowhunting can be enjoyed well into later years :biggrin:
IF IT'S FERAL, IT'S IN PERIL!

Nephew

#15 Post by Nephew » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:21 pm

bear74 wrote: you fellas are a true inspiration to all that bowhunting can be enjoyed well into later years :biggrin:
The cheek of the lad! :surprised: :lol:
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

Gringa Bows

#16 Post by Gringa Bows » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:28 pm

Fantastic photo's and great write up,thank you Jeff for inviting me along again, :biggrin: we accounted for 18 ferals between us i think so it was a great trip out there as usual,had a lot of fun walked a lot of K's,the recurve did what i asked of it, so now i'm back to longbows :biggrin: ............................Hey Bear whats this well into later years bit,i'm only 25 but had a hard life :mrgreen:

bigbob

#17 Post by bigbob » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:18 pm

Just had the chance to go over all the stories and photos properly and what a great trip! every body had success and a PB or two from some . Great photos by the way also. thanks for posting it all,.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#18 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:53 pm

I have added some of the missing photos to Gary's original posts.

Yes, it was a great trip once again. Thanks for your company fellas and congrats once again on the game you took. :biggrin:

Jeff

rmcpb

#19 Post by rmcpb » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:49 am

While I sit here in my office I REALLY needed/enjoyed that. Now back to work/reality.................
Cheers
Rob Browne

Its OK to make a mistake,
Just try not to make the same one twice.........

Jeffro

#20 Post by Jeffro » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:05 am

havent had time to read the whole story so ive just looked at the pics so far(will read it later)
But man that photo of the arrow in flight on that pig is unreal!!!

chally

#21 Post by chally » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:38 pm

Some nice hooky pigs fellas!!

Gotta say the pics are just right! Even the old fella should be happy with them as I sure at some stage he would have went on and on about taking good pics etc etc haha!

That pic of you old fella is a pearler seeing the arrow mid flight!

Well done to all you fellas on a successful hunt!!

Cheers

Jay

Gringa Bows

#22 Post by Gringa Bows » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:48 pm

You know your Daddy well :lol:

Nutgrass

#23 Post by Nutgrass » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:33 pm

LB rod 55 wrote:You know your Daddy well :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Certainly was a good trip, even better to get some critters on the deck 8)

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#24 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:45 pm

Thanks son; I think! :lol:

Jeff

Nutgrass

#25 Post by Nutgrass » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:07 am

Stickbow Hunter wrote:Thanks son; I think! :lol:

Jeff

Don't forget to smile :biggrin:

GrahameA

#26 Post by GrahameA » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:11 am

Morning All.

The photos are excellent..... need more.

Jeff ...... perhaps you need a Canon 100-400 L. :biggrin:
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#27 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:56 am

Nutgrass wrote:Don't forget to smile :biggrin:
Yeah, it does make a difference. :mrgreen:
GrahameA wrote:The photos are excellent..... need more.
When I get to them we have quite a few photos to add in the Photography Forum. I'm still trying to catch up on my lost sleep out bush. Those three fellas sure know how to snore! :wink: :razz: :lol:
GrahameA wrote:eff ...... perhaps you need a Canon 100-400 L. :biggrin:
Yes that would be nice indeed. It would necessitate carrying two lenses though as 100mm is a bit long for the close up shots. I used Gary's 70-300 lens one day and even the 70 end wasn't really wide enough for the closer up shots.

Jeff

Gringa Bows

#28 Post by Gringa Bows » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:12 am

Hey i only heard 2 blokes snore and i wasn't one of them and Nutgrass was to far away to hear :confused: :lol:

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#29 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:29 am

LB rod 55 wrote:Hey i only heard 2 blokes snore and i wasn't one of them and Nutgrass was to far away to hear
From the assorted grunts, growls, moans, rattles and wheezes you made I don't think you would have heard a bomb go off let alone IF someone else was having an occasional little snore. :wink: 8) :lol:

Jeff

Gringa Bows

#30 Post by Gringa Bows » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:33 am

little snore,i thought you were going to suck the aircon out of the wall :lol: