not enough arrows???

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

toz

not enough arrows???

#1 Post by toz » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:39 pm

It all started in a galaxy far far away...back when Gaz aka slackshot (by name and nature) found his way into my bakery to deliver some eggs! we got to talking about achery etc and gaz produced this bow made from fibreglass with no string, so I made one for him and we had a few shots with it. Of course I stopped shooting with it cause the fillings in my teeth were vibrating loose and he bought a longbow (yes Jeff a real one)from me and our hunting partnership began!! Now 12 years later we are about to embark on our latest,greatest hunting expedition yet and not much has changed,I'M STILL MAKING HIS FLIPPEN STRINGS for him! anyway I'm digressing,We have made these new 72" longish deflex reflex takedown hybrid bows ( not longbows) for the trip and I will post a couple of pics for the purists to ponder! :roll:
Attachments
arrow box 006 (640x480).jpg
arrow box 006 (640x480).jpg (157.77 KiB) Viewed 1943 times

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Re: not enough arrows???

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:34 pm

All those arras! :surprised: Gaz reckons you will need that many cause ya can't hit the broad side of a barn..... or did I just imagine he said that. 8) :lol:

I hope ya get to use a fair few of them mate and take plenty of photos for us. :biggrin: It's a long way for a hunt but the Ol' Bloke seemed to enjoy himself over there last year. All the best for the hunt mate.

Jeff

Gringa Bows

#3 Post by Gringa Bows » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:50 pm

Yeah,might be enough arrows there :biggrin:

Bent Stick

#4 Post by Bent Stick » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:04 pm

Mate I hope you blokes run out and have the adventure of a lifetime, pack the camera
If your not having fun, your doing it for all the wrong reasons

Bill
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by Bill » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:00 pm

When there is adventure, :surprised: fun :lol: and living todo 8) there's never enough, so go forth and enjoy it all to the fullest.... :biggrin: :biggrin:

rodlonq

#6 Post by rodlonq » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:34 pm

Nice box of arras toz. Looking forward to some more pics from your hunt mate - good luck.

longbowinfected

#7 Post by longbowinfected » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:46 pm

Boy, only one box? That is really doing it hard. Oh well night times are for making more in camp if you do not have enough.

Enjoy

Kevin
never complain....you did not have to wake up....every day is an extra bonus and costs nothing.