Early morning walk

Stories, questions, lies about the one that got away....

Moderator: Moderators

Nutgrass

Early morning walk

#1 Post by Nutgrass » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:26 pm

Well, talk about a hunt with not much going on, as my good friend Bg's has explained above.
But we decided to have a run past where we seen the bit of diggings just in hope more than anything.
We had not long rounded the corner of the block of cane that borders the section of bush near the back of the property, when we seen this little porker scratching in the hole.
Bg's swung the mighty Santa-fe off the track & into the scrub to stay out of sight, we had a quick coin toss to see who was going to get 1st bit of the cherry & who got to hold the camera.
I lost, not sure, but I am almost certain it was a double headed coin Bg's called heads on. The giveaway was he was out the door before the coin had landed..... Kinda odd I thought. But anyway, armed with the mighty canon 40d once again & following up behind Bg's at a safe distance.
Bg's spent no time mucking about, he got straight into the groove, keen not to let this little bugger get away.
He was Quickly into position
Ready to release the arrow
Arrow on its way, have a look at the flex in that glorious Blu-Dog Timber shaft
Bam, there it was, Bg's had the arrow on the money & the pig was done.
A quick view from the sky came I quickly rigged up
The shot looked good
Last thing we thought was it would turn & run, so Bg's followed it with his speciality shot, the TEXAS HEART SHOT.
What a rush, to stumble on a little porker & capture it all on film with a mate was unreal.
As I turned to Bg's to congratulate him, I seen something from the corner of my eye, I threw the 40d through the air to him & rolled to my bow to stay in cover. Jumped to my feet in time for Bg's to capture it on film as I took the shot.
We were on a roll, there were smiles & cheers for as far as the critters could hear, we tidied ourselves up & headed back for the front of the property. I was scared, Bg's pulled this hand brake slide like what you would see the Stig do when he is showing off, the door flung open & he was ready to shoot with the new Bear in hand.
He wasted no time & had the arrow on target & on the way
With that, we sat & enjoyed the surroundings for a while, before jumping in the bus & heading for home, Happy with our haul we had this morning.
Tally,
1 pig
1 cat
1 rabbit

Thanks for reading, hope you had a good laugh, we sure as hell did.
RABBITS (karen) wrote:NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him.
Shooters get to 50m to shoot, but only a hunter gets inside 20m to hunt.

bigbob

Re: Early morning walk

#2 Post by bigbob » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:37 pm

Gidget you obviously have far too much time on your hands, but a great sense of humour and pretty handy with the camera as well.I really enjoyed your little escapade and had a good chuckle.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

Benny Nganabbarru

#3 Post by Benny Nganabbarru » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:13 pm

Good shooting!
It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder,
It's the forests where silence has lease;
It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder,
It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

Brett Finger

#4 Post by Brett Finger » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:42 am

oh god...
u clowns better ring me !!!!
ill take you out, i had no idea things had gotten so bad... ... you win i cannot sand to see you 2 like this !!!!
Bretto
So long as the new Moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow , so long will the fasicnation of Archery keep hold of the hearts of Men
Foundation member - East Coast TRAD Bowhunters - E.C.T.B - we are smoke, we are rumor
NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him

woodie

#5 Post by woodie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:16 am

very funny, good work. what was that thing with wheels?
woodie
may your arrows fly straight and true and your limbs return.

kerrille

#6 Post by kerrille » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:03 am

geez you guys are lucky i wish i had a backyard with so many game animals like that :lol:

...nev...
i hunt animals because they have legs and can run away ................plants dont

UPTHETOP

#7 Post by UPTHETOP » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:34 pm

Hey Gidget I think you and Paul have better spend some more time helping that cane farmer water his crop as its turning a little sad.
Are you shore Bg's is in stealth mode on that huge boar or he just fell over in shock of seeing a pig that far south from north queensland.

Some great arrow flight shots mate is good to see the Canon working out for you.

Cheers Wayno
Justastik Arrow Craft, Its all about the Wood.

longbowinfected

#8 Post by longbowinfected » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:53 pm

Bit chewy for mine.
I bet you didn't eat the cat.

Kev
never complain....you did not have to wake up....every day is an extra bonus and costs nothing.

Nutgrass

#9 Post by Nutgrass » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:38 pm

Yer plenty of game in our back yard :wink: Always seams to be in the same spot you left it though :lol:

A couple of good arrow flight pics in there, although the one of Bg's on the pig with the arrow flex was good I reckon. Although I reckon Bg's might have pipped me at the post with him capturing the arrow just after I released it on that cat 8) Bugger him, I been trying for that pic for ages & he nails it straight up with the camera in Full Auto mode :roll:

The cats taste a bit rubbery, so we just fling them down the local Chinese takeaway :shock: :lol:

Glad you guys got a good laugh 8)
Brett Finger wrote:oh god...
u clowns better ring me !!!!
ill take you out, i had no idea things had gotten so bad... ... you win i cannot sand to see you 2 like this !!!!
Bretto
You are on..... well soon. I am off to the cape on the 1st of October, but after that I will hunt you down & hold you to that offer :lol:

woodie wrote:what was that thing with wheels?
woodie
Some funny new contraption Bg's is toying with :lol: :shock: :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Hahahahahaha Forgive him, he likes to experiment :lol:
RABBITS (karen) wrote:NUTGRASS >>----> Nobody knows where he came from, & nobody knows how to get rid of him.

Nephew

#10 Post by Nephew » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:43 am

Good to see the " Gringa" blooded! :roll: :wink: :lol:
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

Gringa Bows

#11 Post by Gringa Bows » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:50 am

you guy's have got to change your medications. :mrgreen: ...........but it did look like fun. :lol:

Nutgrass

#12 Post by Nutgrass » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:43 pm

Moreton wrote:Good to see the " Gringa" blooded! :roll: :wink: :lol:
One of those 2 Gringa longbows has been blooded :wink:

LB rod 55 wrote:you guy's have got to change your medications. :mrgreen: ...........but it did look like fun. :lol:
You know us mate, always having a laugh & a good time 8)

Scrub Bull

#13 Post by Scrub Bull » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:51 pm

All ways good to see someone having fun with my targets.
Archery is a simple game, it's the mind that over complicates it.
www.tradbits.com.au

Nutgrass

#14 Post by Nutgrass » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:10 pm

Yer mate they get a good work out, The kids have named the pig "Boris" & we had to teach the boy the difference between the Naughty Cat & Nanny's cat, so it is just known as the naughty cat :wink: