A Idealic 4 day weekend -

Post links to Traditional Bowhunting and Archery videos.

Moderator: Moderators

Chase N. Nocks

A Idealic 4 day weekend -

#1 Post by Chase N. Nocks » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:29 pm

I know that many would prefer with the bow.

personally I would be happy either way.

A great location - if we had this spot nearby I am sure that many of us would be there quite frequently.

Especially with the little fresh water stream - very handy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVVm_QmudAw

Cheers
Troy
I am an Archer. I am not a traditional archer, bowhunter, compound shooter or target archer.....I am an Archer
"Shooting the Stickbow"

....enforced by the "whistling grey-goose wing."
"The Witchery of Archery"

GrahameA

Re: A Idealic 4 day weekend -

#2 Post by GrahameA » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:35 am

Hi Troy.

Not so sure about idyllic. :biggrin: I have developed a penchant for the comforts of city life ...... well at least for some of it.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

morganp

Re: A Idealic 4 day weekend -

#3 Post by morganp » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:18 am

Good find this guy, will watch the rest later. Watched 15 mins of it so far, the rest comes after some work getting firewood in, cold today in central Vic. He is a good relaxed narrator. I had forgotten how even the wet, miserable UK could be fun with a fire and a cuppa. Takes me back. The temperate climate can be very well-stocked with food and more especially on the liminal, the coast. It is how our ancestors thrived.

I never found a camping saw that worked as well as his, any one have well-tested recommendations?

I also never found a wood here in Aus that matched up to hazel for all-round handiness. Even makes a fair bow, my childhood bows over there were often hazel flatbows or ash. So you could forget the 12 bore. Hazel makes good arrows and bends easily for those wattle walls. String was, well, 'string' back then, no plastic. We used what was called garden twine, probably hemp and jute but if we could get it we used parcel string which was smoother - linen was around which makes good bow strings, that better quality stuff may have been linen.

The other thing missing in Aus is the pigeons, where I am at so far in the video he hasn't shot one yet but he will I reckon, they are soooooo tasty. Flying rats we called them but man they were great, toasted breasts or skewered, even stewed. Good Sunday watching material, thanks for putting it up. I need to find a youtube downloader.