6th World Traditional Archery Festival

Post links to Traditional Bowhunting and Archery videos.

Moderator: Moderators

GrahameA

#1 Post by GrahameA » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:25 am

Hi All

Note for Perry: The range is getting out there.
Note: No ILF fitted bows were visible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMagnMPZWtE
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

Bent Stick

Re: 6th World Traditional Archery Festival

#2 Post by Bent Stick » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:04 am

Looks like fun, wonder if they do a mead chugging race for the night events. Lol
If your not having fun, your doing it for all the wrong reasons

littlejohn59

#3 Post by littlejohn59 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:56 pm

Interesting to watch Grahame.

You know what caught me eye? How lucky we are to have real grass and walk the fields away from skyscrapers.

longbowinfected

#4 Post by longbowinfected » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:27 pm

Hard to make out what distances they are shooting, how big the targets are and what is considered to be a good score/hit ratio out of x number of arrows. Mainly horsebows, not many longbows even if adding in Yumis as longbows.

Are there any printed English version rules/outlines of objectives of the shooting aspect that you know of?

You only get to see a few archers celebrating and very few pix of targets with arrows in them.

Thanks for posting that.
never complain....you did not have to wake up....every day is an extra bonus and costs nothing.

asparky

#5 Post by asparky » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:43 pm

Another great video from Grahame.. saw a couple of Aussies be nice to know the rules.. and it looked like there were 2 piece bows there

GrahameA

#6 Post by GrahameA » Wed May 01, 2013 6:51 am

Morning All.
asparky wrote:... saw a couple of Aussies be nice to know the rules.. and it looked like there were 2 piece bows there
Bede Dwyer from Sydney has been a presenter there a couple of times. I get the impression that it is not so much 'rules' but rather a 'Traditional Shoot/Expo/Convention.

I will see if I can find an flyer/invitation for the event.
~~~~~
Have a read here http://traditionalarchery.yuku.com/topi ... YAw-8pFK3p

Here is and article on the event from a few years ago: http://www.iau-crossbow.org/iau/stories ... f_2007.pdf

Here is a read on 'Traditional Archery' with gives a hint towards the style of 'stuff' at the event. http://taiwantoday.tw/ct.asp?xitem=9346 ... =1343&mp=9
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

longbowinfected

#7 Post by longbowinfected » Wed May 01, 2013 9:51 am

I think Bede is the Sth Pacific representative on their governing body. We were chatting about the last shoot. I think Bede set a world trad clout record. He has a beautifully set up horse bow, bow quiver and arrow quiver. Great guy, very knowledgeable. He pops down to the City of Sydney shoot in December every year.

Kevin
never complain....you did not have to wake up....every day is an extra bonus and costs nothing.