Fast

Post links to Traditional Bowhunting and Archery videos.

Moderator: Moderators

woody

Re: Fast

#31 Post by woody » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:34 pm

Dennis, I was was referring to this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOWeU9R1 ... re=related

I suspect broadheads would slow this bloke down a bit
Three things you can never take back, time past, an angry word and a well sped arrow

Dennis La Varenne

#32 Post by Dennis La Varenne » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:40 pm

Yes, I see what you mean Woody. He is actually pushing his heads through the bow between the string and the belly. Tricky indeed !!!!!
Dennis La Varénne

Have the courage to argue your beliefs with conviction, but the humility to accept that you may be wrong.

QVIS CVSTODIET IPSOS CVSTODES (Who polices the police?) - DECIMVS IVNIVS IVVENALIS (Juvenal) - Satire VI, lines 347–8

What is the difference between free enterprise capitalism and organised crime?

HOMO LVPVS HOMINIS - Man is his own predator.

woody

#33 Post by woody » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:06 am

I was actually looking at him dragging arrows from between his fingers.
Three things you can never take back, time past, an angry word and a well sped arrow

Dennis La Varenne

#34 Post by Dennis La Varenne » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:26 am

Yes, that would be a problem wouldn't it? Didn't notice that either. I was thinking of him cutting his bowstring or stabbing his bow.

I have seen demos somewhere on the web by (modern) American Plains Indians using a similar style, but they have the nocks on the other side of the bow - the normal arrow side - and they just pull an arrow by the nock down onto the string all on the same (conventional) side as us. They can hold up to a half dozen arrows in their bowhand and against the back of the bow and the head never comes near their bowhand except at full draw as per normal. Not like that bloke you are referring to.

As they pull an arrow down onto the string, they open enough fingers on the bowhand to allow the arrow to pivot onto the bowhand and down onto the string where it is nocked and drawn in a single motion. They do rotate their drawing hand though to the same position as us but use a primary (pinch) or secondary (pinch plus middle and ring fingers) draw if you can picture that.

The whole action is similar to that of the Murmansk girl in that the bow is held in a pointing position throughout and is never lowered while the arrow is nocked. She draws from a back quiver and these blokes draw from a bunch of arrows held in their bowhand and against the back of the bow.

I have tried it and it is quite uncomfortable because of the jolting of the arrows in the bowhand at the loose. The also slap against the bow and make a racket too.
Dennis La Varénne

Have the courage to argue your beliefs with conviction, but the humility to accept that you may be wrong.

QVIS CVSTODIET IPSOS CVSTODES (Who polices the police?) - DECIMVS IVNIVS IVVENALIS (Juvenal) - Satire VI, lines 347–8

What is the difference between free enterprise capitalism and organised crime?

HOMO LVPVS HOMINIS - Man is his own predator.

abubain

#35 Post by abubain » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:52 am

The later videos of the hungarian bloke look ever so slightly speeded up but still amazing. He seems to be using the Kassai Lajos style and I noted he is practicing on a kassai style horse archery course too. These Hungarians have it sussed and if you've seen the clip of Kassai shooting disks thrown up in front of him both on and off horesback they can be pretty accurate too!

I didn't think the Russian girl was spraying them that much, looked about the same as I do from that distance shooting about 1 arrow per minute :D

UPTHETOP

#36 Post by UPTHETOP » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:11 pm

Dennis "Russian" not French Dam mate you just Spoilt my dreams!

Cheers Wayno
Justastik Arrow Craft, Its all about the Wood.