Wing-shooting or Arc Trap.

Post links to Traditional Bowhunting and Archery videos.

Moderator: Moderators

GrahameA

Wing-shooting or Arc Trap.

#1 Post by GrahameA » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:59 pm

Afternoon All.

Some years ago the name "Wing-shooting" was coined for shooting aerial targets. The down thing about it is the throwing of the targets. This may just have been solved - I want one.

Arc Trap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ply0EzB4g1Q
More
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7rQ4EgzolQ

p.s. Those little recurves that are being used by kids etc. are Rolans and are available from John McDonald at AMSO128.

2009 Version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2S1meIO ... re=related
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Wing-shooting or Arc Trap.

#2 Post by greybeard » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:52 pm

LaPorte Bow Trap

For the archer not challenged enough by ground-hugging targets, Laporte created a machine that launches 10-inch foam discs into the air.

The thrower operates on a standard car battery and can be set to move up, down, left or right to keep the shooter guessing.

It also comes with $500 worth of reusable targets. MSRP: $ 4995. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

For more information, call (800) 335-trap or visit http://www.laporteamerica.com

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

woodie

#3 Post by woodie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:55 pm

That would be better than standing behind the steel door waiting for the arrow ti hit it and scare the bejesses out of you I think.
woodie
may your arrows fly straight and true and your limbs return.

Bandsaw

#4 Post by Bandsaw » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:26 pm

You'd know all about that Ronnie lol
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on. - Billy Connolly

GrahameA

#5 Post by GrahameA » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:42 pm

Hi Daryl
greybeard wrote:LaPorte Bow Trap

For the archer not challenged enough by ground-hugging targets, Laporte created a machine that launches 10-inch foam discs into the air.

The thrower operates on a standard car battery and can be set to move up, down, left or right to keep the shooter guessing.

It also comes with $500 worth of reusable targets. MSRP: $ 4995. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

For more information, call (800) 335-trap or visit http://www.laporteamerica.com

Daryl.
The brain is working on a Manual version to launch one target at a time a few degrees off vertical to the side. Now to investigate easy to make target. Then again I could just make a bigger version of a clay target thrower. :D :shock:

This could make life easier for the Trad shoots
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#6 Post by greybeard » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:00 pm

GrahameA wrote:

The brain is working on a Manual version to launch one target at a time a few degrees off vertical to the side. Now to investigate easy to make target. Then again I could just make a bigger version of a clay target thrower. :D :shock:

This could make life easier for the Trad shoots
Mark, aka Scrub Bull has a version made from a clay thrower. I think we gave it a run at the 2008 North Albert Traditional Rendezvous.

Hunter Valley also have an effective thrower.

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

Chase N. Nocks

#7 Post by Chase N. Nocks » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Graheme and Darryl,

You guys get to work on the launcher. I've found the target I need to be able to hit them.
Attachments
archery_target.jpg
archery_target.jpg (21.18 KiB) Viewed 2380 times
I am an Archer. I am not a traditional archer, bowhunter, compound shooter or target archer.....I am an Archer
"Shooting the Stickbow"

....enforced by the "whistling grey-goose wing."
"The Witchery of Archery"

bigbob

#8 Post by bigbob » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:48 pm

How would that night shooting the discs look with fire nocks or luminocks? apparently the trick is to wait 'till the disc reaches the height of its elevation, but if the guys along side get in first it ends up anywhere after they connect.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com