damn bow stringer!??!?!?!?!

Questions and answers. How to tune your bow, match those arrows and how to shoot your bow or hit the target. Its all here!

Moderator: Moderators

muntries

damn bow stringer!??!?!?!?!

#1 Post by muntries » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi Folks,

Ok I'm new to the scene and in the process of getting my gear together. I bought a bow stringer the other day, I wanted one with sleaves on both sides but they didn't have the one I wanted so I got one with a sleave on one side and a rubber saddle on the other (much more expensive too!!). Problem is that when I try using the thing the saddle slips right down the limb and is all but useless! Is there a knack to it or will I need to enroll with a university to be able to use the damn thing :evil: ?

Simon
"With staff in hand, the hunter stood on Radholme's dewy lawn" The Hunters Song (Olde Lancashire Poem) by Richard Parkinson.

kimall

Re: damn bow stringer!??!?!?!?!

#2 Post by kimall » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:05 pm

Mate is the rubber bit a block type thing?

muntries

#3 Post by muntries » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:06 pm

Yes, I'm about to butcher the thing and stick some leather sleaves on the ends of the very expensive piece of string.
"With staff in hand, the hunter stood on Radholme's dewy lawn" The Hunters Song (Olde Lancashire Poem) by Richard Parkinson.

kimall

#4 Post by kimall » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:10 pm

What sort of bow mate if you posted that sorry I missed it but if it is a recurve I found that type to be the best I have tried and my new Robertson came with one.

muntries

#5 Post by muntries » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:12 pm

yea its a chekmate recurve, the saddle just slips down the limb not sure what I'm doing wrong. trying it now again but don't wanna stuff the bow

kimall

#6 Post by kimall » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:17 pm

If you want to give me a call I will have it sorted in a bout 2 mins PM on its way.
Cheers KIM

longbow steve

#7 Post by longbow steve » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:18 pm

Hi Muntries, If you hold the saddle outboard until you have enoungh pressure on the bow it will hold it's position.
Best to fashion one your self to suit the bow if you cant get the hang of it. Steve

muntries

#8 Post by muntries » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:21 pm

Ok figured it, thanks longbow steve & kimall. Still slips a little, I think it might be a combination of the material its made from and the finish of the bow.

hue

#9 Post by hue » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:29 pm

do what you had planned Muntries, i had the same stringer and the actual rubber thingy slipped to one side and the bow belted me in the face - i took my expensive string and put two sleeves on and voila - no more problems :)

good luck

Hue
I can only be who I am

Coach

#10 Post by Coach » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:13 pm

I,ve seen a mate string his Widow everytime with one of these stringers and he has no problem doing it :wink:

muntries

#11 Post by muntries » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:17 pm

Thanks Hue,

I just bought a cartel one that has the sleaves for a fraction of the price. The string on the cartel is a bit bouncy so I'll swap it for the $25 string on the expensive, albeit useless stringer 8) . Should be sweet!

Si

kimall

#12 Post by kimall » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:09 pm

So you buy yet another stringer but wont take the time for some FREE advice. :? Ask for advice but wont listen when it is given. :? Now I am confused. :?
KIM

clinglish

#13 Post by clinglish » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:40 am

I have one of the rubber block type stringers and never had a problem , I found the thunderhorn to be the best ones but I worry thaty the type that just goes on the tips will put too much pressure on and damage my bows tips .
Bowhunting (Hunting for Bows)
Known Carrier of "Fox Bow Fever"