First knuckle.

Questions and answers. How to tune your bow, match those arrows and how to shoot your bow or hit the target. Its all here!

Moderator: Moderators

Nephew

First knuckle.

#1 Post by Nephew » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:28 pm

Hey Guys, do some of you get a feeling in the first knuckle of the middle finger on your string hand that kind of feels like it needs cracking, you know like you crack your knuckles on your fist, but no matter how much you try, it wont? I've had this for a few days now after shooting and just wondered if it's common? I've never experienced it before while practicing, only the last few days. It's not really painful or anything, just a bit of a pest. Sound familiar to anyone?
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

Glenn

Re: First knuckle.

#2 Post by Glenn » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:16 am

I have never had that problem.....Glenn.....

DylanK

#3 Post by DylanK » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:34 am

I have also not had any problems like this. When I first started with the 58#, my left elbow (right hand shooter) had some serious pain. Its gone now.

Dylan

TomMcDonald

#4 Post by TomMcDonald » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:40 am

Not for me. Ring finger is sometimes painful but never anything with middle finger. Have you tried cracking it?
Tom

Sometimes the simplest things are the most profound.

www.billygoatbowstrings.com

Nephew

#5 Post by Nephew » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:22 am

Yeah, I'd been trying for days and it finally cracked this morning. The sensation is much less noticeable, but still there. Weird, huh? :?

TomMcDonald

#6 Post by TomMcDonald » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:24 am

Very weird. Just draw the string with your teeth... :roll:
Tom

Nephew

#7 Post by Nephew » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:45 am

:D Arrrggghh!

TomMcDonald

#8 Post by TomMcDonald » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:50 am

:lol:
Tom

Roadie

#9 Post by Roadie » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:09 pm

Arthritis is starting to make itself a home.You should see my knuckle's, after years out in the weather, thats the reason I still do archery to keep my fingers and knuckle's supple. It's part of life one just has to live with. Cheers Roadie

Coach

#10 Post by Coach » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:59 pm

PULL on it till it either cracks or you Fart 8)

Nephew

#11 Post by Nephew » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:50 am

Coach wrote:PULL on it till it either cracks or you Fart 8)

:lol: :lol: YOU LUNATIC!! :lol: :lol:

Roadie, as much as I was trying to avoid accepting it, I think you might be on the money, mate. :|

Gringa Bows

#12 Post by Gringa Bows » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:51 am

:lol: :lol:

dawallace45

#13 Post by dawallace45 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:45 am

For most of my shooting life I shot with bare fingers , much of that time I was shooting heavy bows , the last ones were a 70# compound and a 70# longbow , now my draw was 30" and I was drawing some thing more than 70# out of the long bow , I had some serious callouses on my fingers , but about 6 years back I started getting a funny feeling in my middle finger , a sort of a tingly numbness , I was shooting about 150 arrows a day at the time , I asked the Doctor about it and he reckoned it was nerve damage , I started using a good tab and don't have the problem any more , of course I don't shoot the heavy bows any more either , not long after I switched to a tab my shoulder stuffed up again and couldn't shoot for about 6 months , shoulder still plays up and I'm now going to have to go to a 45 to 50# bow , but I still use a tab now
David

excelpoint

#14 Post by excelpoint » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:50 pm

dawallace45 wrote:For most of my shooting life I shot with bare fingers , much of that time I was shooting heavy bows , the last ones were a 70# compound and a 70# longbow , now my draw was 30" and I was drawing some thing more than 70# out of the long bow , I had some serious callouses on my fingers , but about 6 years back I started getting a funny feeling in my middle finger , a sort of a tingly numbness , I was shooting about 150 arrows a day at the time , I asked the Doctor about it and he reckoned it was nerve damage , I started using a good tab and don't have the problem any more , of course I don't shoot the heavy bows any more either , not long after I switched to a tab my shoulder stuffed up again and couldn't shoot for about 6 months , shoulder still plays up and I'm now going to have to go to a 45 to 50# bow , but I still use a tab now
David
I have had the same problem and have since changed to a much heavier glove which has solved the problem for me. i was origionally using a domascus glove. I now use an American Leathers Full Shot glove.

Blinkybill

#15 Post by Blinkybill » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:13 pm

Ive been shooting with bare fingers for a while now. My fingers are starting to develop callouses as i'm shooting probably at least 150 arrows a day for the last couple of months. Maybe I should start wearing a glove :shock:

Moreton,
I feed my horse celery seeds to help with his arthritis. Thats all the input I can give, sorry. :lol:

Ben
Yer, I had a really cool name but someone stole it from me...