testing some judo points arrows for the first time

Questions and answers. How to tune your bow, match those arrows and how to shoot your bow or hit the target. Its all here!

Moderator: Moderators

Antonio

testing some judo points arrows for the first time

#1 Post by Antonio » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:39 am

I was testing 10 new arrows I made with judo points .they shot pretty well :) .I keep putting of the rabbit hunt but its 2 weeks to go :| .I have said that before about getting out there hunting but this time .
8) it should be good . :|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK0hXcyr ... re=related

otis.drum

Re: testing some judo points arrows for the first time

#2 Post by otis.drum » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:34 am

did all your arrows survive? :)
...otis...

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:46 am

Good shooting Antonio. I'm with Tony in that I don't like using judos on rabbits either. With bigger poundages like yours a blunt would be better IMO bit I still like broadheads.

Jeff

Coach

#4 Post by Coach » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:33 pm

What distance was that ? Good to see you still love yourself :lol:

Antonio

#5 Post by Antonio » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:47 pm

otis.drum wrote
did all your arrows survive?
Hi yeas they all survived and by the way really good pictures of the pig hunt ..looks like a heavenly place. :o :) :D

Tony wrote
Antonio,
Good luck with the hunt. How do your judo points stand up to the pounding? from my experience they are a bit weak and tend to fold up if they hit the ground the wrong way (they've got to hit the ground some way I suppose) or if you manage to hit a rock or stick etc. I have actually gone to "hex head" blunts and have found them to be excellent and very robust and very good on rabbits, plus they don't hang on to the rabbit, I've managed to loose a few down warrens and up hollow logs like that when i was shooting judo points.
Tony
Hi Tony hows the 80lbs bow going .I will be using hex head for my 80lbs as they sound good .was it the 80lbs that you where using the judos with .
I be also using the 80lbs on the rabbits .the reason I have not mentioned the 80lbs as I can draw the 113lbs longbow and do so every night for 70 times and I am becoming more smooth with it more steady with it than 2 months ago .I got to tune some arrows for the 80lbs more .I am thinking of using 190 grain hex head blunts ,field points and broadheads for it .

I am thinking of of using for my 113lbs longbow .some "Hammer" at 250 grains with Woodyweights of 200 grains so 450 up front on half inch shafts with with horn nocks with 7 inch feathers .its over the top but so is the bow .I will make about 12 arrows for that one and that will be it for the moment.
that a heavy arrow but the heavier the bow the heavyer the arrow it feels smoother on the release.I will se how it goes it should be good. :)

Jeff wrote
Good shooting Antonio. I'm with Tony in that I don't like using judos on rabbits either. With bigger poundages like yours a blunt would be better IMO bit I still like broadheads.

Jeff
Hi Jeff I keep hearing that .I will have to put more faith in my shooting this time I will use broad heads same weight 135grains perfect weight for those arrows of the 55lbs bow.last time I went hunting I learnt to use a bow that is really easy to draw .55lbs is the minimum for me for rabbits heavy arrow and very sharp ribtek broadheads will be my set up .I don't like losing arrows .but if I hit a rabbit solidly and it takes of would make me very frustrated :shock: :? 8) :roll: .knowing that a sharp broad head would have done a perfect job.thats a very good bow very sweet easy to draw I just got to use broad heads with it .as I mentioned to Tony I will be doing something with my 80lbs . :D

Coach wrote
What distance was that ? Good to see you still love yourself .
Hi Coach yea thats was 30 yards or meters not sure and yea the self love is good .fantastic stuff. :) :) :D

Coach

#6 Post by Coach » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:54 pm

Antonio wrote: Hi Coach yea thats was 30 yards or meters not sure and yea the self love is good .fantastic stuff. :) :) :D
ROFLMAO :lol:

woody

#7 Post by woody » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:46 am

Judo points are only fit for practice, and in my opinion dont have enough shock value to be any good as a small game hunting head.

If you dont like losing wounded rabbits, dont use them.

Broadheads work well, but is overkill for rabbits and expensive, as the loss/damage attrition rate on your arrows is high.

There are better option in small game blunts out there :D
Three things you can never take back, time past, an angry word and a well sped arrow

TomMcDonald

#8 Post by TomMcDonald » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:41 pm

That's the funniest video i've ever seen. Keep it up.
Tom

Sometimes the simplest things are the most profound.

www.billygoatbowstrings.com

Blinkybill

#9 Post by Blinkybill » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:35 pm

LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good on you, Antonio! Good shooting too! But I'm sure you dont need me to tell you that as you seem pretty confident! :lol:
Thanks,

Ben
Yer, I had a really cool name but someone stole it from me...