Draw length and tiller

Questions and answers. How to tune your bow, match those arrows and how to shoot your bow or hit the target. Its all here!

Moderator: Moderators

matt61

Draw length and tiller

#1 Post by matt61 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:36 am

My recurve is 54# at 28 " but I only draw about 26.5" would my shorter draw effect the tiller of the bow and its
performance.
Matt

longbow steve

Re: Draw length and tiller

#2 Post by longbow steve » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:38 am

Hi Matt, The tiller with regard to limb timing "Should" remain the same throughout the draw.
The tiller regarding the limb unfurling at a certain draw length will be affected at a shorter draw unless it is a bow that is designed for people with a shorter draw.
We are disadvantaged by not drawing bows to longer draw lengths but we can adjust arrow weight and spine and acheive the same speed as our Ape like brothers :) .
Steve

matt61

#3 Post by matt61 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:35 am

Thanks for the info Steve,as for being an Ape I would say I fit into the Chimpanzee bracket :lol:
Matt

longbow steve

#4 Post by longbow steve » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:37 am

matt61 wrote:Thanks for the info Steve,as for being an Ape I would say I fit into the Chimpanzee bracket :lol:
Matt
You and me both Matt :) .

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#5 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:54 am

We are disadvantaged by not drawing bows to longer draw lengths but we can adjust arrow weight and spine and acheive the same speed as our Ape like brothers .
Yep but we can't make up the momentum which we want if we hunt. Those with longer draws will always have the advantage. :(

Jeff

Nephew

#6 Post by Nephew » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:01 pm

Ah, but surely this leads to the development of superior stalking skills, yeah Jeff? :wink:
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

longbowinfected

#7 Post by longbowinfected » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:21 pm

Or a better made Yowie suit.

Kevin
never complain....you did not have to wake up....every day is an extra bonus and costs nothing.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#8 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:05 pm

Ah, but surely this leads to the development of superior stalking skills, yeah Jeff?
Yeah and superior running skills if it's big and mean and gets cranky. :lol:
Or a better made Yowie suit.
Not for me mate. :D

longbowinfected

#9 Post by longbowinfected » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:30 pm

All in jest.....would not get caught dead in one.
At my size I would have to go to a tent maker, and I would not be able to lift/walk in all that material. That much of the hillside moving would either scare every critter in sight or they would laugh themselves to death.
I do admit to wearing either a green, brown or a camo tee shirt, brown Dri as a bone vest and hat.....with Khaki bib and brace King Gee overalls or khaki shorts. I also wear a green combination el cheapo day pack/hydration unit [costs $24 at the Post Office store]....that is as far as I go.

Kevin
never complain....you did not have to wake up....every day is an extra bonus and costs nothing.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#10 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:00 pm

At my size I would have to go to a tent maker, and I would not be able to lift/walk in all that material. That much of the hillside moving would either scare every critter in sight or they would laugh themselves to death.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeff