Correct Arrow Selection

Questions and answers. How to tune your bow, match those arrows and how to shoot your bow or hit the target. Its all here!

Moderator: Moderators

wolfpac

Correct Arrow Selection

#1 Post by wolfpac » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:31 am

I've been reading over the last year, all of the posts on 'building' the best arrow to suit yourself.
As a newcomer to the 'sport' to get the correct spine, length, point weight, fletches, etc - will be a challange.
In golf you can be 'matched' to the clubs by trying different variations to suit your swing.

Has any club or individual thought about having a 'set' of arrows that could be used in a training session to help
newcomers (and maybe some seasoned shooters as well!) make the right selection.

This 'set' could compromise arrows of different spine , diameter, point weight and type, etc

I recently brought (12) arrows and I was lucky to put 3 out of 6 in the red from 18m, but when I tried a mates arrows I could group them within eight inches........

any thoughts ?
I don't have a snappy catch phrase ......

longbow steve

Re: Correct Arrow Selection

#2 Post by longbow steve » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:17 am

Hey Wolfpac, Robert at Hawkesbury field archers has a range of Wallace woods for this purpose.
I find the easiest way is to find what alloy works with your setup and have the woods made to match this. Steve

wolfpac

#3 Post by wolfpac » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:54 pm

Thanks Steve, but I'm located in the Yarra Valley, east of Melbourne.
I don't mind a drive, but .........

I know a doz arrow's is about $120, but to get my spec's I don't mind paying more for the privilege.
I don't have a snappy catch phrase ......

longbow steve

#4 Post by longbow steve » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:25 pm

I think between the lot of us we should be able to get a range of alloys together to mail around for those who are searching for the correct setup.
I can donate a 2016 and maybe a 2117 to the collection if someone wants to put their hand up to receive arrows get the collection happening? Steve

pdccr

#5 Post by pdccr » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:43 pm

Thats a good idea, i have some arrows that i dont use, they are carbons i think, i actually have no idea. I dont like shooting off the hand with anything but wood.
Cheers, Toby