knocking point?

Questions and answers. How to tune your bow, match those arrows and how to shoot your bow or hit the target. Its all here!

Moderator: Moderators

B.Hill

knocking point?

#1 Post by B.Hill » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:45 pm

so just a quick question regarding knocking points, when a bowyer says a bows nocking point is say 5/8 above centre is that where the nocking point is placed or where the arrow nock sits.
I understand that it changes between each setup and is usually a starting point to tune from it was just something I was wondering.

Bodie

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

Re: knocking point?

#2 Post by greybeard » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:29 pm

Bodie,

I have always considered that the knocking point [position] is where the arrow nock is placed on the string.

A nocking point indicator is usually attached to the string either above or below the arrow nocking point to allow for consistent nocking of the arrow.

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....

B.Hill

Re: knocking point?

#3 Post by B.Hill » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:39 pm

hi Daryl
thanks for that, that was my way of thinking as well, it was just got a new bow yesterday and the bowyer recommends a 9/16 above center which just happened to be right where the brass nock point was, was just curious.
thankyou Bodie