Which portable target?

Questions and answers. How to tune your bow, match those arrows and how to shoot your bow or hit the target. Its all here!

Moderator: Moderators

Jim

Which portable target?

#1 Post by Jim » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:42 am

Hey guys,

Im going to buy a small, portable target this week for an upcoming trip. At the top of my list is the Rhinehart 18-1 cube, but I thought I'd ask if anyone had any other ideas before I bought it. Is there something else I should consider or are there some not so obvious limitations of the cube I should know about?

What ever I buy has to be small enough to easily load in and out of a car and preferably can take some broad head shots (though mostly field points) and the Rhinehart is about the max limit of what I want to spend.

Any thoughts?
"Structural Integrity of the entire arrow system is THE most important factor in terminal arrow performance. When structural integrity fails nothing else about your arrow's design matters."
-Doc Ashby

Ian Turner

Re: Which portable target?

#2 Post by Ian Turner » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:22 pm

Hi mate I have tried a few and found the Rhinehart stood up very well.
Cheers

little arrows

#3 Post by little arrows » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:20 pm

you'd be surprised how well a plastic shopping bag, stuffed absolutely full of plastic shopping bags, and wrapped in shadecloth will stop a field point, broadheads it would probably stop too, however after a while the plastic trail could be a little on the messy side.
cheers
sue

sina55

#4 Post by sina55 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:39 am

Hi Jim

African 3d targets also make a cube. I have one and it works as good as there 3d targets. I think it would be a bit cheaper than a Rinehart.

Regards Gary

Grizz

#5 Post by Grizz » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:13 pm

I brought 4 packs of rubber jigsaw matts at 7 dollars each and a pack of four small slide lock rachet straps for 5 dollars so total price 32 dollars.

If it gets chewed out or broadheads get stuck ie beveled broadheads i can undo the straps and shuffle the mats .
It stops my 80lb bow shooting 860gr arrows .

Weight of target is about 15kg

curve

#6 Post by curve » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:08 pm

If you go to K-Mart you can get the old style Styrofoam boogie boards - plain not plastic backed. Get about 4 should be about $10 each. Cut them in half so you have 8 sections. Wrap them up in masking tape and wellla - one big Styrofoam block - its the perfect stop for f/pts and b/heads. Whilst the b/heads will sometimes protrude out the back - from my #67 PSE F/T shooting my 610gr at about 280fps - its easy to unscrew the heads before pulling through the shaft. Cheap, effective, light weight and transportable. Will take 100s of shots and when the sides get shot out just wack on another layer.

TomMcDonald

#7 Post by TomMcDonald » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:07 am

I reckon these look the goods.
Cheaper than the other Rhinehart too.
https://www.abbeyarchery.com.au/p/DI525 ... x15in.html
Tom.
Tom

Sometimes the simplest things are the most profound.

www.billygoatbowstrings.com