nock height

Questions and answers. How to tune your bow, match those arrows and how to shoot your bow or hit the target. Its all here!

Moderator: Moderators

Stu Ballz

nock height

#1 Post by Stu Ballz » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:37 pm

When you change from split fingers to 3 under is there any need to change your nock height.
It may seem like a strange question but with 3 under would you be putting more weight on the lower limb and less on the top limb changing the nock height. ??
Just a thought.

bigbob

Re: nock height

#2 Post by bigbob » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:53 pm

yup, if you are set for split say at 1/4'' above horizontal then 3 under is usually about 3/8'' above.these are rubbery figures and depend entirely on the bow in question but they are a 'ball park' figure.
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com

Stu Ballz

#3 Post by Stu Ballz » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:15 pm

Great thanks mate i thought I was going mad there for a minute.

greybeard
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by greybeard » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:36 am

Depending on how the bow is tillered the limbs may go a little out of synchronization [timing].

If it does you may feel the result in the bow hand. The only way to find out is to give it a try and also give two under a go.

Daryl.
"And you must not stick for a groat or twelvepence more than another man would give, if it be a good bow.
For a good bow twice paid for, is better than an ill bow once broken.
[Ascham]

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” [Einstein]

I am old enough to make my own decisions....Just not young enough to remember what I decided!....