Rests for recurve

Questions and answers. How to tune your bow, match those arrows and how to shoot your bow or hit the target. Its all here!

Moderator: Moderators

cuz

Rests for recurve

#1 Post by cuz » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:22 pm

Hi Guys,Just got a 50lb recurve,not real keen to shot off shelf as i may hunt with carbons and vanes during wet season,had a look at toothbrush rest,what are your suggestions,also looked at Velcro rest missed the but with vanes lol,ps wont be drilling holes in bow, cheers :roll: :roll:

Mick Smith

Re: Rests for recurve

#2 Post by Mick Smith » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:36 pm

You can buy self adhesive flipper rests that fit onto the side of the sight window. These might be the best option for use with vanes. I can't guarantee the results though, as I've never tried it.
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Ian Turner

#3 Post by Ian Turner » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:33 pm

Hi Mate,
As you talk about the wet season i guess your in the NT or FNQ.
I have often wondered how feathers go in the humidity; do they bear up ok or flatten out?
Cheers
Ian

subseapeter

#4 Post by subseapeter » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:18 am

I've always used a Bear Weather Rest on my 60# recurve with a range of arrow types with good results. I've always found it more consistent than shooting off shelf and easier on fletches, vanes, or flu flu feathers. It is provided with a bit of double sided adhesive tape affixed to inside of rest so takes seconds to put on. The rest costs about $8 and lasts a couple years of heavy shooting so a pretty cheap solution.

Peter

cuz

#5 Post by cuz » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:34 pm

Thanks Peter i will try that rest,Ian their is plenty of sprays out
there that work[sort of] Cuz :biggrin: :biggrin:

CraigH

#6 Post by CraigH » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:17 pm

subseapeter wrote:I've always used a Bear Weather Rest on my 60# recurve with a range of arrow types with good results. I've always found it more consistent than shooting off shelf and easier on fletches, vanes, or flu flu feathers. It is provided with a bit of double sided adhesive tape affixed to inside of rest so takes seconds to put on. The rest costs about $8 and lasts a couple years of heavy shooting so a pretty cheap solution.

Peter
x2 Have the Bear Weather rest on a couple of bows, good simple, durable elevated rest.