Shooting High

Questions and answers. How to tune your bow, match those arrows and how to shoot your bow or hit the target. Its all here!

Moderator: Moderators

GrahameA

Shooting High

#1 Post by GrahameA » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:45 pm

Afternoon All.

Today I was down at the range shooting my "Vintage Black Widow T-1200" and I observed I was consistently shooting high and right.

I was already shooting some slow motion video so when I came home I had a close look at some of it.

What was observable was that the arrow was not coming out of the bow "clean" it was coming out with a tail down (or if you prefer a nose high) attitude.

I was using some X7's which I do not normally use in this bow - it usually is fed Carbon Ones. So part 'A' of the problem resolved.
The X7's are twice the diameter of the Carbon Ones - I need to move the nocking point up for the X7's. Plus I have had similar issues in the past with other bows. Part 'B' I expect to be resolved when I either I adjust the button or decrease the point mass of the arrows. The more likely approach is to make a seperate string and buy a separate button for when I use the X7's.

The arrow attitude was clearly observable in the film clips and here are 3 frames which show the arrows starting to kick on launch.
bw1-0.00.00.66.jpg
bw1-0.00.00.66.jpg (37.38 KiB) Viewed 1629 times
bw1-0.00.00.80.jpg
bw1-0.00.00.80.jpg (37.19 KiB) Viewed 1629 times
bw1-0.00.00.93.jpg
bw1-0.00.00.93.jpg (37.25 KiB) Viewed 1629 times
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.