1" draw length increase

Questions and answers. How to tune your bow, match those arrows and how to shoot your bow or hit the target. Its all here!

Moderator: Moderators

daniel boon

1" draw length increase

#1 Post by daniel boon » Wed May 22, 2013 11:05 pm

I've been working on my form the last 2 or so months, and trying to shoot consistently with back tension. I had a tendency to short draw sometimes, mainly when I got a bit tired. Changed my anchor point from index finger behind the eye tooth, to the corner of the jaw, and the thumb knuckle behind the jaw. Shooting a lot more consistently now, especially up and down. Getting better alignment, using back tension, and stopped the short drawing.
The bonus is 29.75" draw length, just a bit over 1" increase. The only problem is that I had to retune all the arrows for the different bows. At least they were long enough to play with. Cut some down, and others I went lighter up front.
You would'nt think that 3# or so increase, would make much difference, but you could feel it especially on the heaviest bow.
Still working on everything, but it seems to be working. Life's good
Cheers Dan

wishsong

Re: 1" draw length increase

#2 Post by wishsong » Thu May 23, 2013 3:48 pm

Good stuff,
Its a bit of work eh ...
It is still a work in progress for me ... and always will be I think.

Tom Alker

#3 Post by Tom Alker » Fri May 31, 2013 12:32 am

Nice mate, I snug my index finger into the corner of my mouth too. Darryl reek showed me the technique and i haven't changed since.
Perpetual Curiosity.

CraigH

#4 Post by CraigH » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:28 am

I have extended my draw length as well by working on form and are slowly improving.