String torque

Questions and answers. How to tune your bow, match those arrows and how to shoot your bow or hit the target. Its all here!

Moderator: Moderators

Fraser

String torque

#1 Post by Fraser » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:09 am

What causes string torque? I know it happens when your "over bowed". I can draw the bow with out an arrow to full draw, but some times when shooting the arrow starts to lift at about 30" about the time my hand gets back to my face but a couple of inches short of my nocking point. Any suggestions?

Fraser.

littlejohn59

Re: String torque

#2 Post by littlejohn59 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:05 am

Hey Fraser
Exerting too much downward pressure with your index finger on the arrow thus twisting the string. Try leaving a couple of mm. gap between the arrow and your index finger as you draw back That should fix the problem.

Fraser

#3 Post by Fraser » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:27 am

Thanks Little John, I'll watch that the next time I practice, I must start to clench my hand on those last couple of inches.

Fraser.

perry

#4 Post by perry » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:45 pm

Watch your Release Hand also, cupping it wil create several interesting issue's

regards Jacko
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

Fraser

#5 Post by Fraser » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:57 pm

Thanks Jacko, I haven't had issues like this before, gets frustrating when you can't work it out.

Fraser