How Fast

Questions and answers. How to tune your bow, match those arrows and how to shoot your bow or hit the target. Its all here!

Moderator: Moderators

Fanto

Re: How Fast

#31 Post by Fanto » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:10 pm

wishsong wrote:
Fanto wrote: and I agree with you about compounds. if you want to click a trigger and kill animals that you havent had to stalk, may as well use a centrefire. the only difference between the two is the rangefinder.
I hope that was in jest .
I find these types of comments tiresome and overtly negative .
I would hope that the posters of such comments will post up all the many record book trophies they have taken with compounds because its so easy and you don't have to stalk and other such silliness.

no I mean what I said, I don't like compounds but I don't like a lot of things so I wouldn't let it worry you!
"So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold in the hearts of men" The Witchery of Archery, Maurice Thompson

Len

#32 Post by Len » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:09 pm

Well said wishsong! Most people who sling off at compounds have no idea what they are talking about and would rather put their ego before a humane kill just so they can call themselves a trad archer. Of the deer I've shot the furtherest was taken at 34 metres, hardly comparable to shooting a centre fire rifle I would say.
Hmmmmmmm.............

Goatchaser

#33 Post by Goatchaser » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:46 am

I just have a lot more respect for the guy that can do it with his hands and by looking down the arrow with a traditional, rather than a cammed up bow with a release aid and 5 pin sight with level and fibreoptics, am/fm radio etc. :biggrin:

Fanto

#34 Post by Fanto » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:06 pm

This is a traditional bowhunting forum

Len

That's great. Why don't you find a compound bowhunting forum to go talk about it on.

Again, I do not criticise your bow or hunting or other choices, except the one to talk about non-traditional archery here

Cheers
"So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold in the hearts of men" The Witchery of Archery, Maurice Thompson

Len

#35 Post by Len » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:40 pm

Fanto your the one who bought up compounds not me, other than that we're probably on the same page.
Hmmmmmmm.............

ron300wm

#36 Post by ron300wm » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:24 pm

Sum people blow things out of texs but since we're so anel why don't we vote the greens

Goatchaser

#37 Post by Goatchaser » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:27 pm

oops, I believe it was me that mentioned compounds :oops: won't do that again. :biggrin: