Going Southpaw

Questions and answers. How to tune your bow, match those arrows and how to shoot your bow or hit the target. Its all here!

Moderator: Moderators

hazard

Re: Going Southpaw

#31 Post by hazard » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:13 pm

Gilly wrote:Thanks for explaining Jeff, I had not heard of it before! I don't think I suffer from it luckily!
Half your luck :roll: :roll: I know it well :roll:

Hazard
Politics is a game played by dishonest people to gain an unfair advantage!

Never under estimate the strength of a cornered coward.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

http://www.bowmanstaxidermy.com.au

Brumbies Country

#32 Post by Brumbies Country » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:26 am

Welcome back Simon. I think it's not so much that the passion for archery has been diluted, as that the self-generated performance anxiety has gone as your self image is no longer wrapped up in archery.

I wonder what the horse riding equivalent of target panic is.[/quote]

Hi Alan. Great to hear from you. Doing what I'm doing now there's not much room for panic-just a thought of " thank heavens there's only 10km to go"-and that's the horse, not me. I'm thinking about a cooling drink and why the heck is this hurting so much. Have to say there is a little anxiety trotting along in the dark in a forest when you can't se a darned thing and its all down to the horse that we don't fall in a screaming heap. Guess the nearest equivalent to target panic in horse riding circles happens in show jumping where somebody rushes the fences rather than letting the fences come to them.

I hope that longbow of yours is going really well.

Simon

alaninoz

#33 Post by alaninoz » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:45 pm

Brumbies Country wrote:I hope that longbow of yours is going really well.
Unfortunately not, but it's my problem not the bow's. I've joined the local AA club (Tuggeranong) and have been spending a bit of time there trying to sort out some nasty problems with my form. I think (hope) I'm finally getting on top of it.
Alan