Dynamic spine calculator

Questions and answers. How to tune your bow, match those arrows and how to shoot your bow or hit the target. Its all here!

Moderator: Moderators

roscoe

Dynamic spine calculator

#1 Post by roscoe » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:38 pm

I found this link on a english site. Its a dynamic arrow spine calulator for trad bows. I have used it and found it to be good, just thought you blokes might find it useful too. I couldn't add the program file (to big) but here is the instructions and a link to stu millers dynamic spine calulator for you's to download.....Roscoe

http://heilakka.com/stumiller/
Attachments
calculatorinstructions.pdf
(398.49 KiB) Downloaded 137 times

dmm

Re: Dynamic spine calculator

#2 Post by dmm » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:20 pm

A few people have mentioned this before. A site search for "stumiller" will turn up a few discussions
Personally I believe in it, it's been a lot better for me that the eastern arrow shaft selection tables.

Hardest part I found is measuring the distance between the strike plate and the centre line/string.
If you're using a plunger, I guess thats to the tip of the plunger, but I'm not entirely sure about that.

Other websites seem to rate it also.
David
--
Sky TDX 17 riser with Kaya Carbon Tomcat limbs(25H-36#) short Beiter button and rest.

wishsong

Re: Dynamic spine calculator

#3 Post by wishsong » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Its a great tool , recently made easier by Stu as ghe has started to ad specific bow models into the mix.

David ... yep, to the tip of the plunger.
The great thing about plungers is that once in the ball park you can tune the bow to the arrow . :D